PFB+ Basketball Thread

I’d wager a guess that this happens to the mid majors SO often, and way more than we think it happens to us. It’s gotta frustrate the heck out of em.

3 Likes

As far as the speed of the release goes, if Cade is pulling everyone into the lane, Ice will have all the time in the world to shoot. But long term, yeah, if he wants to sniff the NBA, gotta be able to throw it up quick.

9 Likes

Hidden benefit of having Cade, these guys see how he works and what they must do to get to be on that level. Getting Cade has already improved MAM’s and Ice’s games.

12 Likes

Speed and hitch. But still, gotta like what they’re doing.

That’s super encouraging, but you know who else can knock down NBA range 3 pointers with nobody guarding him and fresh legs? Me and my doughy self.

Hope though that this is an encouraging sign that next year he’ll have to be honored a bit more from back there. Could be a game changer. Literally.

5 Likes

Has to get those fundamentals and form down pat before they can speed it up, but once he gets muscle memory down he will be able to launch em

2 Likes

It’s nice to see Ice making shots…but MAM…seeing him knocking down those long shots makes me giddy. He’s going to stretch the floor big time. And I’m telling you, he’s a poor man’s KD. I stand by that statement.

7 Likes

The slow load and release isn’t great, but if he has to take an extra half-second to shoot 10% better from 3, then I guess it’s fine. Just not sure how often he’ll realistically have that much time to load and release.

8 Likes

Boynton is recruiting different types of kids. I know he gets bashed for some of the early misses but there were other factors at play.

2 Likes

MAM may go to the league with Cade next year. I will defend that to anyone

Edit: He is essentially a 5-7% less athletic Greg Brown, and he very well might be more skilled.

Overlooked due to location

7 Likes

He looks like he could hit corner 3s about as well as, say, one Andre Roberson? Not enough to keep defenders honest, but might make a couple here and there.

I once watched Andre Roberson make 13 straight from 3 in practice so :man_shrugging:

I like it though. Hopefully I’m wrong and I owe you Chili’s.

6 Likes

So we put ice in the corner and Harris bench side elbow, we’d shoot 100%?

1 Like

4 Likes

If he can reliably hit corner 3s, it’s a start. I’d feel a lot better about next season if I felt confident in Likekele as an outside shooter. That’s just not his game.

5 Likes

Here is MAM

Ice brings the ball from way low to start his shot, but two things :

1. He’s taller than some of the guys who should be guarding him which helps offset that a bit.

2. Most of the times he shot last year it was the whole “Nobody is around me because they are daring me to shoot…so…okaaayyy…” Well if he knocks a few of those down then shot speed and ball position doesn’t matter much. And all we need him to do honestly is just knock down a few of those, so people have to get up on him, that’s all we need from him.

8 Likes

I’m just confident at all that he can knock down enough of those to achieve the desired “getting up on him” though. It’s not like he can knock down two or three of those and all of a sudden defenders across the conference will be like oh man now I gotta guard him on the perimeter.

You’re not wrong at all, I’m just very circumspect

1 Like

His shot mechanics are not the worst I’ve ever seen. Just slow. All he needs is lots of reps. He’s gonna have lots of open looks from three especially with Cade running point and drawing the defense to him when he drives.

5 Likes

2 in one game, and I’d reckon that keeps em honest.

5 Likes