PFB+ Basketball Thread

Maybe. But really only temporarily. Once we take advantage of that spacing I don’t think his reputation for shooting carries enough weight to matter meaningfully for more than small stretches. I guess that’s my whole point, it takes a lot to overcome shooting reputations; marginal increases in shooting percentages don’t usually equate to how defenders treat shooters unless and until it changes their rep as a shooter. Ice just has a long way to go in that department is all. I really hope he has improved enough to be effective, but I have my doubts.

1 Like

And here I thought it was going to be a Keylan video of some sort. :rofl:

@ScottCorken

3 Likes

Now hold on now, we ain’t talkin’ ‘bout no medical procedures or nothin’.

2 Likes

I can’t help but lol at that fact that we have the best Class of 2020 players from the US and Canada on our team this year.

Mike Boynton, man.

16 Likes

Find me Najera’s kid. Let’s take all of NA!

3 Likes

That answers that.

“They’ve always been the dream school”… first person to ever say that about Illinois… ever.

3 Likes

Question… with Ashton working out multiple OSU players… is he on the payroll? Like legit, since he is training our guys are we allowed to pay him?

He is getting my psyched for next season with his posts!

Well let me know the next time somebody says it about OSU.

I hate Brad Underwood as much as the next guy, but let’s not pretend that UIUC is some chump university or basketball program… especially for kids from Illinois.

5 Likes

Pretty sure Underwood said this about Illinois like 12 hours after we lost to Michigan In the tourney

15 Likes

Which was approximately 12 months after he said the same thing about OSU.

16 Likes

As someone who grew up in Moline, Illinois, no one ever says that is the dream school athletically. It’s a fantastic university academically and for non-revenue sports like tennis. Just not something people say about UI unless it was for ag engineering.

People called Iowa a dream school but those were typically O-line guys or wrestlers.

2 Likes

It’s Cade’s cousin. I’m sure he’ll be well taken care of in a year without needing any NCAA sanctions.

10 Likes

Kids from Oklahoma say this all the time… this is an odd take

4 Likes

We need twitter video proof

Illinois is a top 100 worldwide university that is pretty selective and challenging. It’s got far more in common with a Texas or Boston College than it does with an Oklahoma State.

Their basketball program and ours are also on the same tier.

It’s not like it’s shocking that we would lose a recruit to Illinois. I just think it’s weird that somebody would say “nobody dreams of going there.” Either that means that people from Illinois are way smart or 51k students are settling to go to UIUC every year… Which, if that’s true, then what does that mean for OSU? Yikes.

My gripe was with you implying people don’t say it about OSU, I could care less about Illinois as a school.

When was the last time you heard a recruit say it? Eli Russ?

Kids we recruit for football say it every year man

Until OU/Texas calls them. Ducks