PFB+ Basketball Thread

I know @marshall had to go to the courthouse. Plus, we had to reach out to OSU for comment. Lot of research/clarification, etc. Definitely took some manpower to put that story out

1 Like

That’s all great… But what about that scrimmage with TU?

3 Likes

You guys do a superb job.

Heard it went quite well for OSU. That’ll get lost in Boynton’s meeting with the media this week, but I’ll be sure to ask him further.

5 Likes

Did they play at the Reynolds?

Yeah.

1 Like

Any chance Boynton tries to make a run at Zaire Wade late? Just saw he FLEW up 247’s rankings

I doubt it. Wouldn’t say there’s no chance, but I think the chances are slim to none. Just a lot of skepticism about how good he really is. Think OSU would take Bryce Thompson (duh), Cade Cunningham (duh), Rondel Walker, Mike Miles all ahead of Zaire.

My bet is Nebraska: Dwyane Wade played for the Bulls when Hoiberg was coach.

3 Likes

Slightly surprised to hear Mike Miles ahead of Zaire, though it makes sense since he’s played and has chemistry with Rondel.

I think it more has to do with the fact that there’s no relationship there with Zaire. Mike Miles was offered by OSU two years ago and has stayed in constant contact with the staff. Unless Zaire just one day woke up and decided he wanted to move from California to Oklahoma, it’d be a tough sell, and especially at this juncture in the recruiting process.

I heard this yesterday, but Boynton confirmed it today. Keylan Boone was apparently really good against Tulsa.

Per Boynton, Keylan had seven deflections and nine rebounds in about 20 mins. I heard he also scored about 10 points.

4 Likes

I think all of us (myself included) have been sleeping on the twins and how excited we were - with good reason - when they did the duo-commit.

5 Likes

Nice. I think even without a key addition to the class this is going to be a decent team.

Just make it to the tourney. Get that monkey off the back.

1 Like

IMHO, the monkey is to get past the first round of the tournament. Feels like Iba was still the coach when we were more than a “one and done” in the tourney. (JK, even I’m not that old. But it has been a loooong time.)

4 Likes

I had thought that Keylan had the highest long-term upside between the Boone twins if he could put it all together, and it sounds like he’s ahead of schedule. Both Boone twins gonna be a terror.

2 Likes

2009, right?

1 Like

Great job with the hoops presser today @marshall

Thanks!

@marshall @kyleboone Idk if either of y’all have any insight or anything, but is Trey Reeves trying to become a coach? Obviously the basketball staff loves him and everyone only has good things to say, so should we expect him sitting next to Keiton Page at the end of OSUs bench next year?

I haven’t heard anything. As far as OSU’s bench goes, it’s pretty full. Wouldn’t surprise me, though. I do know that Trey is incredibly smart. I think he’s an accounting major, and he’s supposed to graduate in December.

3 Likes