PFB+ BBQ Thread

I really like Clark’s Crew as well. A little overpriced but certainly top notch BBQ and a nice environment.

Another one to try is Jo-Bawbs BBQ. A little off the beaten path (in between Northwest Expressway and Bethany), but great BBQ. The burnt ends and ribs are phenomenal.

1 Like

That graph was from Jan 9th-10th in Tulsa, so it was 27-39 degrees outside.
Yoder makes a heavy smoker, not really an issue holding once you warm it up.

Wind, haven’t really dealt with it yet. There’s no damper or anything, and it’s a fan motor, so I wouldn’t expect much change but I will definitely science it next chance.

1 Like

Paralysis by analysis is easier with BBQ.

Thank you for all the information.

What’s your easiest BBQ to cook?

Pork butt.

Well that is a loaded question. Some of the easiest BBQ I have ever cooked happened to also be some of the most expensive meat I have purchased. But I knew I had my smoker dialed in and would have no issues. If you are meaning what should you start with to start learning then I would agree that a pork butt is pretty forgiving.

:flushed:

6 Likes

Umm, yeah… Umm, that is not… Umm yeah… Never mind…

1 Like

Do you like pork butt?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Pork Spare Ribs, super easy.

Burnco in Tulsa has great ribs, they smoke everything fast on Hasty Bakes. I have heard good things about The Butcher in Wellston, I am hoping to try that soon.

1 Like
  1. pork butt. Just have to cook it long enough to shred/pull.
  2. Brisket. After you have you pit and estimated cook time dialed, it’s almost automatic.

Brisket can be tricky if you have not done them much. Understanding the stall and everything that goes with it is more of an art than a science. I actually bought Aaron Franklins book on it and used his techniques but it still took me a few times to dial it in right and get the meat just the way I wanted it.

1 Like

I’m in KC today. Where do I go?

South side of the city.

Joe’s or Q39.

2 Likes

Gates ok?

Gates is solid too.

1 Like

Brisket has always been the hardest for me. It got better when I split the point and the flat and smoked them separately.