PFB+ Cycling

Come back to running

1 Like

Been back for a few weeks but just taking is slow. The bike has become a fun way to get cardio and work legs without the impact.

1 Like

Me finding the cycling thread:
7eAvzJ0SBBzHy

We have a Peloton at the house, but as far as bikes Iā€™ve got a Trek District track bike and just ordered a Trek Marlin 7 that Iā€™m super stoked to get here. My son is about to turn eight and he does surprisingly well on the trails so itā€™s time to hit them hard, but havenā€™t had a mountain bike in some time.

4 Likes

I need to get a trainer and get into virtual racing. Anybody doing this? Looks fun.

Hereā€™s the Trek District S I have. Itā€™s fun to just cruise around town on. Itā€™s stealthy quiet/effortless.

Still pining for that Marlin 7 to get off backorderā€¦

1 Like

If anyone is riding the trails in the OKC area, the new Soldier Creek Industrial Park trail they just expanded is great. It is really family friendly and anyone can ride them. If you are more experienced it is a super fast trail with lots of kickers and a jump line.

How do you like your Peloton?

If anyone is tracking their rides, can you upload them so we can see possible new options?

We love it. Itā€™s great to bang out a 30 minute workout at the house. Thereā€™s a bunch of different trainers and styles of ride. You can do intervals with weights, HIIT, endurance, you name it. Off the bike there is core, arms, yoga, legs, and even outdoor running sessions (audio).

With the subscription you have 12 slots for accounts, so you can share with family and friends if you donā€™t have a massive immediate family for them to do the off-bike stuff.

Iā€™ve been very impressed with it so far and weā€™ve had it since February.

1 Like

Now seems to be a more appropriate time to use this.

5 Likes

Here are all of the sections if youā€™re interested. I checked the app for something and thought this was better than what I wrote.

1 Like

Can you do virtual reality races on it?

It keeps track of everyone who has ever done an event (usually around 30 to 50 thousand riders), so youā€™re always ranked. Thereā€™s also a column for who is doing the session right then (can range from 10 to hundreds depending on how new the on-demand video is. These are like cycling courses where you stay within a resistance and cadence through intervals. But as for all out ā€˜racingā€™ I havenā€™t actually looked. But they have virtual rides through beautiful places. Iā€™m sure there are people who really push it in those. Iā€™ll have to look into it, but there are leader boards on everything cycle based from what I have seen.

1 Like

Any suggestion on speakers? Looking at getting this: https://onforuleds.com/products/portable-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-with-holder-ipx7-waterproof-bicycle-speaker

Yup. Zwift is awesome.

1 Like

Back in the saddle! Didnā€™t die! Lots of branches covering the bike lanes from the storm last night though.

1 Like

Highly recommended: Blue tooth speaker for bikes

3 Likes

12 miles in tonight. Going for 15 on Friday night and might get greedy by Sunday.

2 Likes

Just for the bump
Going out to Lake Georgetown Goodwater Trail to help clear the trail of a large oak that fell during the week.

Also, will get a short ride in after and maybe a swim in the lake.

2 Likes

I got 14 miles in this evening. I got blocked off by a cemetery where they are excavating graves. Creepy stuff, but humorous in a wayā€¦I turned around and got off that trail.

2 Likes