PFB+ Debate: Best Pizza in the country?

We’ve got the BBQ thing down. Now onto pizza.

Del Mar Pizza “King of the Crust”. Del Mar, CA. Used to drive from Twentynine Palms all the way there just for pizza in the evenings

Pizza Hut

2 Likes

Blasphemy @eddy

1 Like

Dominos is the best delivery for sure.

I’m a big Pizza Hut guy tbh. Can’t go wrong with stuff crust.

2 Likes

15 Likes

I think the original Hideaway is the answer for Oklahoma, but I haven’t been to nearly enough places around the country to know the best in the US

8 Likes

I’m partial to NY-style pizza. My in-laws live in Upstate NY and there are several Italian restaurants in their town that have been in the same families for several generations. Every time we go up, I usually end up eating pizza several times just because you can’t get anything quite like it here.

Empire in OKC is probably the best NY slice in the state.

2 Likes

I think the Penn Square food court was the only place I’ve ever had Sbarro. Definitely a food court, though.

1 Like

Joe and Pat’s in NYC is legendary. So good.

1 Like

It’s contextual. Are you at home? On vacation? Where are you visiting?

For me, the top is a little place called Secret Pizza (I think) in Vegas. Third floor of the Cosmopolitan. Down a random hallway. Tucked behind other restaurants. You can get a quarter of a pizza-sized slice with a 24 oz. Stella Artois for 8 bucks.

It is glorious.

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s aptly named.

3 Likes

Pizzaria Uno in Chicago.

1 Like

I haven’t eaten there. I’ve had it in other NYC places and it’s great, but generally prefer places I’ve found in the upstate.

“Giant” slices are trash.

3 Likes

Gino’s… not even close

Your thirst to be the @ScottCorken of the pizza thread is too obvious.

3 Likes

John’s of Bleeker street. Pretty much a perfect pie.

1 Like