PFB+ Debate: Best Pizza in the country?

BBQ shop, cozy corner, Elwoods shack, German town commissary and central are pretty much out go tos. Original interstate and Corky’s are good too.

I hope you know I’m teasing a little. People love it. There’s some true uniqueness and history to it. They lose me at charcoal lol.

1 Like

Is the chicken joint where they fry the chicken in that big cattle watering trough in Memphis ? Memories in Tennessee have a tendency to get blurry haha.

It’s ALL good man . Lead me to the promised land .

I’m usually blowing down I40 when I stop in Memphis and I don’t have too much time to explore unfortunately . I was excited when we toyed with the idea of bringing them into the B12 fold .

I really only like deep dish if it’s in Chicago. No place else seems to get it right. But, I do like both Giordano’s and Gino’s there.

Seconded Secret Pizza as the best place for drunk pizza in Vegas.

1 Like

I agree about deep dish only in Chicago, haven’t had ginos but have had danos multiple times

I honestly can’t think of a truly great pizza place in Dallas. There are plenty of good ones… ZaLat Pizza is probably my favorite. Greenville Ave. Pizza Company is fine. Cane Rosso is solid.

Bravo by the Sea right by the Manchester-by-the-Sea T station is probably my favorite in the Northeast.

I’ve been to 2-3 of the Giordano’s locations in the Chicago area and they all seem to be consistently good. Same with Gino’s. I’ve been to a couple of their locations.

1 Like

I think we settled on Gino’s East being our favorite. I don’t know if it was just an off night or what, but we didn’t care for Lou Malnati’s and it was one of the ones recommended. Didn’t get a chance to do Pequod’s and I hate that. It’s differently done and was another big recommendation.

Pequod’s is delicious, but it’s not deep dish at all so make sure your expectations are right before you go or it’ll be disappointing. Malnati’s is too thin for me. The sauce is bright and excellent, but when I eat deep dish I’m looking for a pie that kicks me in the face with it’s density and girth.

3 Likes

I used to go out to Elgin on business and stayed at a hotel that was right next door to a Gino’s. They closed that location a few years ago. I hated that I could no longer walk next door for it.

The caramelized cheese on the pequods is what looked so good. Of the three we tried Gino’s, giordanos, malnatis.

I didn’t think any were bad.

Best thing I have eaten in Chicago was a burger at au cheval.

Controversial pizza take: deep dish pizza, is not pizza. It’s a glorified bread bowl soup.

3 Likes

Take your bad takes to the unpopular opinions thread

2 Likes

It’s a casserole in pizza dough and you all know it! Y’all are just too afraid to stand up to Big Pizza!!

4 Likes

Thin crust lives matter !

Hell no, big dough !
Big dough, has got to go !

8 Likes

Their BBQ pizza has Central BBQ on it. It’s good, but I only eat that occasionally, like if I’m celebrating something. It’s a little too indulgent.

1 Like

Zalat is very good, I second that.

Dude, you went to Rendevouz, which is a tourist trap. It’s ok…but not the best.