PFB+ Food in Stillwater thread

Tried to like this 12 times, but I am all out of likes today…

1 Like

How about those rolls though.

Closed a few years ago.

Those rolls are :fire: indeed

1 Like

The best part about Clicks is that’s BYOB or least it used to be… I know the new liquor laws might have changed this

2 Likes

I have not been recently but thinking about it potentially not being BYOB anymore saddens me

1 Like

@drccowboy you mentioned Tokyo Pot… when I was there, the owner used to buy everybody in the place sake bombs, and if he got on a roll we would all be just passed out there by the end of the night. It was great. Apparently he got in some trouble with that though because of IDs and what not, so he stopped…

2 Likes

It was such incredible food and the owner was charming as hell. Going there on my birthday is a great memory, as is going there with my dad as I was moving away from Stillwater after my masters - he absolutely loved the place.

Tokyo Pot, and the owner, was awesome! Is it still open? My wife absolutely loved that placed and I want to take her back when we go back to Stilly

Pouring one out for our long dead drinking buddy: Pizza Shuttle and the Joe to its older brother Steve, Swicks.

Also gone but not forgotten: Leo’s and Sushi House

1 Like

Are those places still around? I heard they got shut down because of various…paperwork issues, but that could have been just a rumor I heard.

El Tapatio is, though it was the only one to remain. I believe it was run by a different portion of the family. Also it was not a rumor, it was widely reported in the news.

Wow… All they would have had to do was go to whatever the new name of 40 North is and check the apartments. When I worked for the apartments the entire restaurant crew lived in something like 2 - 2 bdrm apartments.

I wonder if it got the restaurant that family owned in Joplin that had the same name?

BoBo’s Cantina in the early 80’s is the best Mexican food I’ve ever had in Oklahoma. No place even close. It was real New Mexico chili and great margs

2 Likes

Hideaway is my favorite pizza ever

Back in my formative years, it was the Holland House buffet on Main Street YUM! Fried chicken and banana pudding

Latigo Hickory House on E 6th. That small quaint building is still there I believe

Finally, Stillwater’s best fine dining establishments were 1) Late Show east of town on 51 2) Ancestor on south main

Brooklyn’s is good. The old Katz building is very nostalgic

Leo’s! That was the buffet!

2 Likes

The craziest thing about this post is that Hideaway is the only one of these still around.

2 Likes

Confession: I never ate at Shortcakes.

Kruisin’ Burger was a great late night burger/fried pickle place. Well, it was great during the hours I was there.

FIFY

3 Likes

Ah yes, I don’t remember the times I was there.