PFB+ Food Thread v2

Boone has spoken.

Stuff we miss in Stillwater. Stuff we like.

Not food related, but I miss Stonewall. It was dirty and smoky and gross and I had some of my absolute best nights with my best friends there.

3 Likes

It still exists, if I remember correctly.

College Bar used to be Mikeā€™s College Bar when I was there.

I hope it does. Sometimes a true dive bar is just the best.

Stonewall is still aroundā€¦ the atmosphere has ummā€¦ changed

2 Likes

How so?

Stonewall is smoke free these days

I think they made it more ā€œnouveau hipsterā€.

The stonewall is still there. My buddy says it was the best place he could write as an English major. Any night heā€™d go knock out a 10 pager while in his booth sipping on cheap beer.

This, no smoking, and not too cheap drinks

Seriously? That is weak as shite. I was there one night (of far too many in grad school) where they had ā€˜screwdriversā€™ for two bucks that were literally just a glass of vodka with about an ounce of OJ poured in.

1 Like

Cā€™mon, no smoking is a good thing.

When I was in Europe in December, lots of young people still smoke there. Itā€™s absolutely disgusting.

1 Like

Sounds like college bar every night

1 Like

I donā€™t like being around smoking, but a dive bar justā€¦needs that element.

1 Like

Come on I know your a stonewall kinda guy Kemp :joy:

It does? Interesting. Didnā€™t know smoking had anything to do with the atmosphere.

Gets ready for epic battle with the Doctor

2 Likes

Most bars, no, keep that crap out. But for a real dive bar? A busted, kind of gross, rowdy place? That smoke just completes the atmosphere in a weird way.

Iā€™d be interested to see yā€™alld Stillwater bar rankings in order

We used to leave Morrill hall and go straight to stonewall after English. Sometimes instead of. (You could drink beer at 18 in those days).

They had the second coldest beer on Stillwater next to the mason jar.

1 Like

That and PBR flowing like wine.