PFB Game Thread: OSU vs. Missouri State

He went 8 and 4 in his 3rd year then drop back his 4th.
It took gundy 7 years to drop off. Then went back up.

So in 2015, 2016, and 2017, he goes 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd. Then in 2018, 2019, 2020 he goes 7th, 4th, and 4th. Are you going to say that’s an improvement?

No one here is arguing that Gundy didn’t bring the program to it’s peak. He did. But he isn’t coaching like he used to. The enthusiasm and desire to win isn’t there like it used to be. Look at every shot of him from tonight’s game. He couldn’t give a sh1t by the look on his face.

1 Like

He passed twice to try to end the game instead of conservatively running and making Missouri State use timeouts. They were effectively blitzing all night. There was definitely aggression shown in the playcalling. So you’re basing this solely on the fact that he wasn’t jumping up and down and screaming? Or did you want him to cry?

It’s week one. Weird stuff can happen. OU squeaked past Tulane. Let’s see what happens when Sanders gets back. Let the coaches make corrections. Then we can hit the panic button if we’re not playing better by conference play.

1 Like

You’re just talking around in circles now. So your answer is that Gundy is declining from his own apex. Ok. If you discount his own coaching career, the only time we were as good was when he himself was quarterbacking the team with Barry Sanders. Under Pat Jones. Whom you think was a hack.

1 Like

You would think a guy that survived in the last 12 second against a bad FCS team would have a slight inkling of emotion when his team is performing like garbage. That doesn’t give me confidence that the guy cares. Especially since it’s his alma mater.

1 Like

How did riley and Campbell look after their games
Did the jump fir joy. Throw a :partying_face:

I’m talking about during. Gundy is on the sideline stone faced like he’s bored and he’s only there to collect a paycheck. Every game Campbell is absolutely animated on the sidelines.

I dnt know about u logan, but I know for a fact if gundy showed emotion then Joey would be crying about that.
There are plenty of guys whom have coached that shown less emotion then gundy.

How many of them wouldn’t show emotion when they’re potentially 12 seconds away from losing to an FCS team at home while coaching their alma mater? I would be willing to bet the list of emotionless coaches shrinks dramatically.

1 Like

U rite we need woody hayes.

Did u want gundy to have a big ole grin

A mix of energy/frustration/anger would work for me.

1 Like

What was OSU’s record when they finally pushed Pat Jones out? Gundy is Pat Jones 2.0 my friend. He’s not going to make this program better. He’s going to make it worse because he’s currently 15 years behind on the current college football environment. That’s not talking in circles. That is just the plain truth. Welcome back to Bob Simmons football!!!

1 Like

@jake4 thinks Gundy built it so he can trash it now if he wants to.

Jug isn’t that kind off how u use ur goats.

How can folks not call last night unacceptable on offense?! Joe’s right. Ar is right. Logan is right. I am right. The one’s that some of you call “anti-Gundy” are simply not satisfied with mediocrity and can clearly see the decline in this offense, post-2013. Will it take 6-6, 5-7, 2-10, 0-12?!?! What will it take for some of you to see that last night will never get us one step closer to another Big 12 title and a spot in a current or expanded playoff? Is it fine to see a continued decline as long as it’s Gundy in charge?

Last night, as we were leaving the stadium, I told my son that in 8 years, if he was lucky enough to start getting scholarship offers in football, I did not want him playing for Gundy if he’s still coaching. He agreed. That alone speaks volumes.

We got to be find in the league with how the top 2 teams played closer games.

U know when ur talking to a crazy person. U just do the nod yes jesters, that’s what ur son was doing​:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::hugs::hugs::hugs::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

They also had tougher competition. I don’t know about who Iowa State played, but Tulane would’ve beaten us yesterday with how we only scored 23 points. Not to mention how we struggled to run the ball. Add the fact that Shane can’t hit a deep ball and stares receivers down. This offense is in trouble. As many times as we put the defense on the field (83 plays), Tulane would have scored a minimum of 28.