PFB+ Golf Thread

Man, what an incredible putt to win it!

1 Like

Legend :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The last five players to win at age 22 are one of the other best young players in the world (Morikawa), a 3 time major winner (Spieth), and three of the top 10-15 players in the world right now (Matsuyama, Rahm, JT). What a group for Viktor to join

1 Like

Pumped my employer (Cisco) backed him. Atta kid Hovi!!

OOF. Both Rick and Hovy had some bad days. +6 for Rick and +7 for Hov. Maybe Wolff can make something happen for the brand today.

Hovland made this biggest career mistake ever last weekend…

3 Likes

He will break the curse

He may have.

Curious to know what this means

Me too… Maybe he doesn’t make the Masters field?

No pro has gone on to win another tour event after he won the Puerto Rico open. Viktor did not qualify for the masters with the win. He still has a chance to qualify though

1 Like

I had not heard of this voodoo. Hopefully Hovy breaks the curse.

I’m going to assume that hopefully Viktor’s really rough showing yesterday was because he was just still hungover from going a little too crazy celebrating his first win

2 Likes

3 Likes

I love that Rickie is getting paid, but part of me wishes he would really lock in on his game and really try to win a major or something like it instead of trying to just lock down as much money as possible.

You must be watching a different player than I do.

3 Likes

I don’t see how you can say he’s not trying to win a major… of the 40 majors he’s played he had a streak of 14 straight cuts made and only missed 7 cuts total. He has 8 top 5’s (2 in each major). 3 times a runner up and almost always toward the top of the leader board. The guy has won 9 tournaments. Have we ever thought… hey winning is EXTREMELY hard on tour?

The reactions from players when they miss out on their first tournament win by a shot is heartbreaking. And that’s just the Puerto Rico Open, not the Masters. You can’t with straight face says these guys (Rick included) aren’t trying.

10 Likes

Imagine if a guy that already had 11 top 10 major finishes actually tried…

2 Likes

Three guesses at which former Cowboy is 2nd to Rory at the Arnold Palmer, anybody going with Gooch?

This isn’t OSU related… but Rory’s swing causes goose bumps on my arms.