PFB+ Golf Thread

Gooch has been playing some really good golf lately.

Thank you! Somebody finally speaking my language.

Saw that tweet on Wednesday and legitimately watched Rory’s swing about 30 times. So so smooth.

The behind-the-scenes chatter in golf is this: “Golf fans don’t comprehend what they’re watching with Rory because Tiger ruined expectations. Generationally great, not in the same class talent-wise as DJ, Rahm, Rickie, etc. Not even close really. He’s way, way tee-to-green than everybody we think of as great.”

1 Like

I’ve seen people putting Koepka above Rory and it hurts me. Koepka is obviously talented there is no doubt. But Rory is on another level as you were saying. I used to oppose Rory and I’m really not sure why (probably the early haircut) but now I can’t not root for the guy. And when I watch and especially when they slow down his swing :heart_eyes: it’s the most pure thing. His swing plane is perfect and the epitome of “swing easy and let the club do the work”. He doesn’t often swing out of his shoes but the mashes still.

Throw Rick, DJ, Rahm, Koepka and Rory in a 18 hole contest, Rory could win that by 5 in my opinion. So underrated.

Rory’s swing is great but I think Adam Scotts swing might have something to say about being best. Also think Hovland has one of the best looking swings out there.

1 Like

Not even close is even an understatement.

So I read this then looked up and back to back were Rory and Adam Scott. Both are so pretty. I lean toward Rory just because it’s so smooth. Transitions so well, but you’re definitely right Scott’s is pretty too.

1 Like

Yes Scott, you are pretty

1 Like

I mean, my golf swing is really pretty. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ok but really… let’s hit the links soon? Not the actual The Links, but like… the links. Ya know? A golf course?

We do have to practice up for the Football media tournament. @kyleporterCBS :eyes:

2 Likes

New Mexico golf trip looms…

2 Likes

Bombs.

and stones

2 Likes

Was just looking at pictures of TPC and remembered how awesome Karsten Creek looked for the 2018 NCAA Championship. I took this picture of #10

3 Likes

I miss golf, and its only been a day. Was really looking forward to seeing Hovland, Wolff and the rest of the Cowboy contingent finish up at the Players, and then seeing who would make a run at the Master’s in a few weeks.

Anyone wanting some really fun golf to watch today should check out golf channel. They’re replaying the 2016 Ryder cup. It’s electric city.

2 Likes

The best sporting event I’ve ever been to.

For you golf lovers

2 Likes

No putting, chipping only?