PFB+ Golf Thread

The PGA Tour just released the revised schedule for this year. I’m still somewhat skeptical the first few events happen, but starting at the Memorial in mid-July on the schedule is absolutely loaded.

The John Deere lives!!!

Golf is the best.

3 Likes

Some would say it’s actually a major.

1 Like

It is THE major.

2 Likes

It’s definitely the fifth major. I remain pretty skeptical on this for two reasons.

1. International travel
  2. Local jurisdiction

If everything was played in one state, sure, but with the mount of travel involved for these guys and how each state is going to re-open differently, it’s going to be a mess. I do remain hopeful for the Masters though.

I think the Masters will definitely be played. There’s just too much behind it. Golf I would think (and you’d have more knowledge of behind the scenes) would be one of the easier sports to start back up as its individuals around one place. No fans plays fine with golf for the most part as well.

I need it. NEED.

2 Likes

@kyleporterCBS Any thoughts on how the Tour is going to handle this and the wildly varying amount of events and FedEx Cup points in regards to gaining/losing Tour cards?

1 Like

Eckroat leaning toward coming back. https://www.golfchannel.com/news/austin-eckroat-quade-cummins-lead-collegiate-charge-early-dallas

3 Likes

I think he should. The guy is obviously talented, but probably needs an actual full year of playing. Especially at the number 1 spot. (and a natty)

4 Likes

Retweet. He’s a good player, but he can improve especially on consistency

1 Like

This looks like a fun weekend at Oak Tree…

Would be better if Quade Cummins wasn’t playing.

1 Like

Indeed. Wish he was turning pro.

So, after getting out and playing the last few weeks for the first time in a Covid world…
Can I just say how dang silly it is for courses to have these ‘raised cups’ now? I mean seriously. Yesterday the course I was on didn’t even enforce the 1 person per cart rule. They encouraged us to ride 2 per because they were low on carts, but yet I still can’t sink a putt because I ‘might just touch the inner rim of the hole when I retrieve my ball?’

You have to grab a handle to open the door to check in.
I have to touch the pinpad buttons to pay by credit card when I check in.
But…let’s raise the holes so I don’t accidentally brush the inside metal thing with my knuckle.

I should be prevented from sinking putts due to my shoddy putting ability, not because of a dumb foam noodle encompassing the flagstick.

5 Likes

Yeah this is weird. The course I play at didn’t have those and I was relieved. They did encourage to not pull the flag stick, but they didn’t really care if you did or didn’t. They pretty much have run like normal, with the exception of the Restaurant area. But they used this time to renovate that so it kind of worked out.

Lucckkkyyyyyy. I’m in the North Dallas burbs (Frisco area) and of the 5 courses I normally play at in my little radius, every single one had this dumb raised hole rule. Maddening (relatively speaking).

PGA Two Man Teams

Dustin Johnson/Rory McIlroy vs Rickie Fowler/Matthew Wolff

3 Likes

Veins. Mine. Now.

1 Like

Really cool write-up on the history of Karsten Creek on the OSU Athletics website right now. It gets pretty deep into the details of how everything came together.

4 Likes

This looks awesome.