PFB+ Nuggets on Four-Star LB Collin Oliver Ahead of Friday Decision

I just…I hate that. A player who could be one of our top recruits in this class could get sniped to be a backup or third option for OU without a second thought. That takes so much shine off of it.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gundy does subscribe on here! Haha

5 Likes

You also thought he was committing to Arkansas.

@kyleboone This is :100: stuff. Great work

1 Like

Don’t let it take any shine off. It could happen to any recruit, any year, until they sign on the dotted line. Enjoy the moment. And if it happens…it happens.

4 Likes

I thought that because he had them in his Top 10, right after the other states top prospects either committed to Arkansas or put them in their top choices. Was just gauging the scene at the time. I also heard about the OU stuff right before COVID hit and turned his OU visit away. With a young kid making this decision I don’t believe anything this day in age is concrete until the ink is dry on paper.

3 Likes

I saw you said he was the highest rated defensive player since Daniels. Would Oliver be the hightest rated LB to ever sign with OSU?

Will depend on how Oliver’s final ranking settles, but right now Shaun Lewis, Gyasi Akem and Caleb Lavey were all ranked higher than Oliver.

2 Likes

He was such a good dude and nice kid… just wasn’t much of a football player

OU’s landing a bunch of dudes today, a top 100 WR, probably a top 100 LB, I don’t think that’s about Oliver.

3 Likes

Was reading this thread right before I saw that so got a little anxious!

It was Mario Williams #1 WR. Probably #1 QB as well. They are a package deal apparently.

1 Like
7 Likes

It’s about time for OU to get slapped with a nice, long probation. They are just getting too d@mn good.

4 Likes

Sadly, may just be the start of an upward trajectory. Lincoln is a monster recruiter and – I hate to say this – but the Jordan brand move was lowkey a massive win to give him even more fuel on that front.

5 Likes

I honestly think the only thing that could slow them down anytime soon is an NFL team just mailing a blank check. I don’t see Gundy’s bedlam record getting much better. I swear I’m only a pessimist about OSU football.

1 Like

Same, but I don’t think Lincoln is going anywhere anytime soon. Looks like it’s just going to be that way. Maybe things turn for our recruiting, but they cannot continue to be in the 30s or 40s.

More specifically, I’m mostly just a pessimist about OSU football vs OU. Otherwise, by the time fall camp wraps up every year, I’ve just about convinced myself that we could be really GOOOD this year.

6 Likes

Not to ruin the mood about Collin Oliver, but on the topic of OU recruiting, assuming Clayton Smith commits to them this afternoon like most people expect, OU will have landed more national top 100 guys today than OSU has since 2008. I randomly realized that and it made me pretty sad.

4 Likes