PFB+ Nuggets on Four-Star LB Collin Oliver Ahead of Friday Decision

Man this is a very good summary post really. This perfectly sums up why not being a juggernaut in a juggernaut’s conference just sucks. Because in all honesty, we have a fantastic program, we really do. Look at every FBS program out there, we are upper tier.

But when you have the upper upper tier in your conference, it affects your self worth, and makes you improperly gauge where you stand.

We take off, OU takes off a bit higher. It’s just a massive bummer because in all fairness, we should be doing nothing but celebrating our success and program. But because the upper class will always be there to keep the man down, there’s just a sense of “Yea ok…whatever” that’s always lurking in the background to take over whatever enthusiasm you may have.

Bummer man.

13 Likes

I figured after Cain did the laughing dog this afternoon its a done deal. Considering Smith was basically a Texas commit last week or so.

Sorta like being the favorite child until your older brother comes home from college… Good all year and then play bridesmaid a couple days a year… Don’t worry I’m fine. I’m over it…

3 Likes

Huge Get!

1 Like
5 Likes

First response on Collin’s video commitment that pops up: A “yesah” from 2021 RB target Cam’Ron Valdez.

11 Likes

Smith just committed to OU BTW…

1 Like

Does Valdez have a timeline announced yet?

Negative. I get the vibe he wants to play the game for a bit.

1 Like

Can Oliver play as a freshman?

Is he on Trace Ford’s level?

Can he line up opposite Trace for a year or two?

1 Like

From what I can see (and I’m not an expert by any means):

1. It’s possible.
  2. He’s likely even better.
  3. That is a beautiful idea to imagine.

I bet Knowles is dreaming of this day. Heck I’m not a defensive coordinator and I think I would like to scheme with both of them on opposite sides.

2 Likes

Personally think Trace Ford was more physically developed at this time during his recruitment than Oliver. But I think he can be on Ford’s level one day. Frame and athletic abilities are solid. Gonna take some grinding in the weight program to reach his potential. My guess is he will redshirt, though it’s way too early to guess a year out from his arrival.

2 Likes

Can the coach get some guys their “freshman four” ?