PFB+ OSU Memorabilia Thread

I have a few Barry Sanders rookie cards.

4 Likes

Oh boy, I have some things to add to this thread, will do when I get home…

I actually have some stuff hung up that I made with old jerseys I decided to not wear anymore.

3 Likes

I fired off my top 3 most unique ones really early, but will try and keep it going where I can. I love this stuff.

My wife’s family owns a small business in Stillwater and about 7-8 years ago they were cleaning out a bunch of stuff and came across a box of OSU posters, newspapers, etc… Mainly the posters that OSU gives out for free, but magazines, a few newspapers, stuff like that too.

Story ends up being that a lady who used to work there had hung them all over her office work area and when she left she just put them in a box and didn’t take them. My FIL hated to throw them away so they just sat in a box in the back room.

My girlfriend at the time and now wife, who for the most part could completely care less about sports, decided to take them and put together this collage.

I’m easily the least creative/artistic person on the planet, so I thought the end result was pretty cool! Lot better than just sitting in a box.

10 Likes

Great thread. I have a piece of the backboard Big Country broke in Seattle in ‘95.

7 Likes

Nice. Small piece??

Yeah, a few small ones.

I have a John Smith signed singlet. How do you post pics?

1 Like

10 Likes

Thanks. Had just figured it out

That’s rad.

Any picture of it?

@seth is going to ask me to wear it now.

4 Likes

Don’t have it with me but will post a picture later, not a huge collector either so not super significant. I have a basketball signed by Eddie and the entire 2004 final 4 team except for Tony Allen. I was a pistol pete partner and they’d let us go out on the court and ask for signatures after the games. Tony Allen was the only player that stiffed me, and I really haven’t forgiven him. Straight-up just told me no. My mom was more pissed than I was as well, haha.

2 Likes

My wife and I made this as a remembrance of a fun thing we did in the earlier days of our relationship.

Note: Does it show up?

5 Likes

I made these by cutting a lot of the jerseys off and then stretching them over a canvas, and using a staple gun to attach them.

6 Likes

I grew up and am from Indiana so I didn’t really become an OSU fan till my sophomore year of HS when I was looking into colleges. Went for Animal science, but newly married and my wife still not letting me have a man cave yet this is a cool piece my parents got me and actually found at a flea market in Indiana

11 Likes

Was waiting for someone else to post, lol (can’t do more than three in a row).

This is the Liberty Bowl ball I’ve referred to. Father in law got it signed by Coach Gundy and Tylan.

4 Likes

Can someone give Doug Shivers a login to post all of his memorabilia? If you’re not following him on Twitter, do yourself a favor and do it now.

10 Likes

This one’s a bit different, but has a minor OSU tie-in, sort of. There’s a story behind this…

When I was in middle school, John Starks held a charitable basketball game that had NBA players and TU players, and had celebrity coaches. Tubby Smith was one of the coaches, so I went up to him and had him sign my program.

Fast forward to 2016, I’m working at the Uni of Memphis, he’s coach, so I sent his assistant that story, she passed it along…and unexpectedly I received this letter one day. It actually made my day. :blush:

5 Likes