PFB+ OSU Women’s Sports Thread

Don’t go over to the baseball game then or you might be in for another one.

2 Likes

So much photoshop potential

Also, that seems like some violent motion to have that much movement so quickly.

1 Like

Thanks @AllisonMc. The broadcasters were talking about it a little bit, but this makes me understand it a bit more.

Does this add velocity? What’s the benefit?

Also, was this kid kicked out?

5 Likes

Congrats to the guys on the mat too! :joy:

1 Like

Ha! Felt this was the more appropriate of the general areas to share where the audience would enjoy it.

You got me though.

Bye bye softball CWS

And probably a regional/super regional for Cowgirl Softball. And Karsten regionals for women’s golf.

1 Like

I don’t want to make this controversial, but as a female athlete who played in college, this whole topic is infuriating to me. Also, on issues like this, the NCAA needs to stay out of politics.

4 Likes

I see the definite opportunity for abuses, but like the bathroom laws from years ago they are more just crazy hypotheticals for the most part. I don’t think the NCAA sees this as a political issue as much as they see it as a human rights issue. I’d also argue that not allowing kids to monetize their likeness is a human rights issue as well though. A very different human rights issue, one that people opt into by choosing employment. A human rights issue nonetheless. The NCAA stays losing.

3 Likes

Oklahoma politics are the worst.

I definitely think in places like Oklahoma it’s more hypothetical, but there are currently high school girls in states like Connecticut being beat in sports like track by biological boys who are transgender. The girls are suing over it. Then you have issues like this…

This was at a junior college. Is the NCAA really okay with things like this? I was a fastpitch pitcher and the fastest female pitcher I’ve ever seen could hit 70 every now and then. There are men who can pitch underhand in the mid-80s and up. It’s just biologically not okay and really unfair to biological females. Sorry for my rant. I just can’t get behind this movement. The fact that situations like the picture above were allowed are a slap in the face to biological female athletes.

5 Likes

Exactly what it is.

There are tons of transgender people in Oklahoma.

1 Like

I’m not saying there aren’t. I just don’t know if there are many of them wanting to play sports in Oklahoma because it’s not very highly accepted in Oklahoma.

Oh well. Hope they continue to disrespect the status quo here.

That tall player probably sucks by the way. Looks like a clumsy one.

I don’t want this to get into a debate, so here are my last thoughts. If someone is trans, then fine, but that doesn’t change the fact that men are born with certain biological advantages. Some of these athletes being allowed to compete against girls have not had any sort of puberty blockers. Whether the athlete is clumsy or not, the height advantage by itself is huge. Why should we accept allowing this to become the norm for biological men to compete against females? I can bring many more examples of how it has been shown to be completely unfair and disadvantages females.

7 Likes

No need to apologize for having a unique perspective that’s directly related to the story posted by a male that wouldn’t understand what being in this situation would be like. Have recently had to experience transgenderism in my extended family. We can have alternative opinions about things like whether it’s fair to let them play in sports where there are distinct biological differences in physical characteristics but it doesn’t mean we don’t love and accept them. That’s where you’re right - politics shouldn’t be involved in those decisions.

1 Like

Our high school girls basketball team would routinely make the State Tournament and they couldn’t compete with the boys team. It’s just all around unfair.

1 Like