PFB Predictions for Oklahoma State Football in 2022

Originally published at: PFB Predictions for Oklahoma State Football in 2022 | Pistols Firing

Our 2022 predictions on paper ahead of the season starting this week.

1 Like

Sounds good

1 Like

10-3 with an Alamo bowl win.

1 Like

11-3 with a Big 12 championship but a loss in the sugar bowl to Georgia

I’ll go 9-3 regular season. That’s probably not enough to get us in Big 12 title game. We win our bowl game and go 10-3. Offensively, I think Spencer Sanders is the biggest wildcard. If he can stay healthy, play like he’s capable, and avoids multiple turnovers in games I think this team can make the conference title game. Defensively, I think the defensive line is so good they will cover up some deficiencies on the back end. Linebacker is a huge concern for me. I think we have 1 good corner, but I think they will have to rotate players at the other corner until they find their guy. Safeties should be fairly solid. Going to be a fun season, but 12-2 with wins over OU, Texas, and Notre Dame will be tough to match.

1 Like

I watched Pokes and Notre Dame again last night on ESPNU.

Spencer Sanders was incredible. We get that guy – with those receivers – going early and our ceiling is very, very high. Dare I say: CFB high!

3 Likes

Wow… One good game and you have this clown leading us to the playoffs??? He’s a cancer man. Horrible passer. His stats have been stagnant for all 3 years he has started. He hasn’t improved at all. Every team in the country knows they just need to put a little pressure on him and he shrivels up like a pathetic turd on the field. I hope Gunner gets the nod and Sanders goes to the transfer portal.

Imagine paying Gundy over $7 mil and then not expecting him to repeat a year that he didn’t win the Big 12 Championship or make the playoffs. You consider that to be a fun season??? Sounds like another season with no significant hardware to me.

1 Like

Try this OKState Offense vs Notre Dame Defense replay. Sanders shredded an excellent ND defense once they sorted out blocking and Martin stopped the drops.

https://youtu.be/PghbpSK2M5E

And then watch this OKState Offense vs Baylor D to see the incredible number of unblocked pass rushers Sanders had to account for…

https://youtu.be/OO3gV10WCos

2 Likes

An offensive line and creative play calling could do wonders. Since I haven’t seen either one in the last 10 years, I predict cheez it bowl.

1 Like

Thats bore then you picked last year. You must really like this team. Why are the major of these pros wrong?

1 Like

The bore you know the bore accurate you are.

2 Likes

As joy would say. They get paid to predict. You get paid to shovel.

Lot of hype going around. Im saying were a soild 9 and 3.
Texas is looking less and less like there hype.

With baylor schedule and ours. Baylor have no rb or recievers. That game is looking better and better.

Ksu is looking to be sixs players. Sanders tore up their zone. Felix had 11.5 sacks 7 came in southern Illinois and tcu games. 4.5 is good over 11 games but, comeon.

All i can say is by the time we play uo tbey should have evrything worked out and there at home.

Like i said solid 9 and 3 more likely 10 and 2.

1 Like

I expect a 10-2 regular season and knocking at the door on the conference championship game. Not worried about Texas especially if UTSA gives them a good run or beats them. Baylor and K-state look threatening. But I expect us to win Bedlam if Gundy is still riding the high from beating them last year. If we run the offense from the Miami and Notre Dame games in the past I think a total of 12 wins is possible.

2 Likes

Big XII first-team QB.

I’ll ride with Sanders.

You can lose in the SEC.

4 Likes

After your I’ll stop saying it when they stop saying it comment I can’t take you seriously. Sorry.

2 Likes

15-0. National Champions. It’s long overdue. In the immortal words of Major League 2: “Guess there’s only one thing left to do……win the whole f—in’ thing!”

4 Likes

Well, that’s your issue, not mine. No skin off my back. Loser.

There were no other options. How does a guy with 20 TDs and 16 INTs be considered for anything other than the bench??? How can I lose in the SEC if we aren’t in the SEC.

So, who takes the Big 12 Championship? I think Baylor can repeat. We won’t even get to the championship game. OU will definitely beat us. Our O-Line sounds like it is suspect again. I know improvements have been made, but I don’t know yet. Ford will probably blow out a knee again. I don’t expect him to last all season. I am excited to see what Mason can do, but he won’t be here more than 2 years. One year to transition, one year with a solid defense, then he will bounce. And we will be right back where we were when we lost Spencer.