PFB Roundtable: Projecting Bedlam Superlatives

That would be math 101, what do they teach in norman

Harbaugh has been at Michigan for 5 seasons. He is currently 0-5 against Ohio State (who’s won a national championship in the last 5 seasons).

Fair enough I guess

Gundy in his first 6 seasons went 0-6 against OU for comparison. OU hasn’t won a national title in 20 years.

1 Like

So its alright for Harbaugh because osu won a national championship. One day when I get older u need to teach me this fairytale system u have.

Harbaugh is losing by 18 pts. And not getting any better. It’s ok because they have a good reason. Joe = fairytale.

1 Like

KP has been missing for months. Am curious to this myself.

What do you bet that Michigan doesn’t give Harbaugh more than this year and maybe next. Unlike OSU all these other schools won’t settle for being second in the state and 3rd or 4th in the conference. Even Kansas has a desire to be better, if Miles can’t do it, he will be replaced.
I hope we don’t just settle in the basketball program. If Boynton can’t win the conference twice in 10 years, I want him replaced. In basketball I would take winning the conference or the conference tournament, but he needs to win. Gundy’s 1 conference win in 20 years sucks.

2 Likes

Reading your comments is similar to solving algebraic equations. And those two things don’t go together. Goodness gracious, man! This has nothing to do with Santa, or putting a hit out on Gundy. I respect almost everything he’s done to elevate this program. But I also know it will never elevate to a championship-winning program with him in charge. 16 years is more than enough time to see that he will NEVER win Bedlam when it matters on a consistent basis.
To your point, Harbaugh is 0-6 against Ohio State. And he won’t make it to next season. Michigan will either fire him or he will resign after this season. Because Michigan doesn’t need 16 seasons to show that a coach can’t beat his rival. Unlike Oklahoma State, Michigan will move on if it’s not working anymore. The Pokes on the other hand have given Gundy multiple pay raises and extensions for 1 conference title. And it’s frustrating for myself and other fans who would like to see the program take that next step.

2 Likes

When u put words in a math problem it’s called a word problem, a whole discipline in math. My reply button does always work. Some of the stuff I rite refer to other post. Then throw in a whole lot of sarcasm I’m sure u are dizzy. It’s not just harbaugh Michigan is 1 and 13. Anyway u did say Gundy losses he ist coming back to Stillwater, sounded like a hit even fired he lives there.
Let’s get boynton to have a winning big12 record before some champs. I’m not saying he would do well.

Gundy has lost by double digits to OU 7 times and loses by an average of 14.2 ppg. So what exactly is the point your trying to make (if you even have one).

Ohio State has a 2-2 record in the CFP and a national title to go along with it in 2014.

OU has an 0-4 record in the CFL and no national titles since 2000.

My point is the path for Harbaugh has been a little tougher for him because he’s in a league with Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin. Which for the most part have been very solid teams since 2014.

Gundy can’t even beat Texas Tech and you want me to believe he should be compared to Harbaugh (who’s taken a team to the Super Bowl)?

Exactly!!! They aren’t going to sit around for 15 years with the same coach getting bullied by Ohio State. Harbaugh will probably get roughly two more seasons and Michigan isn’t going to continue to give him a pay raise for getting his head kicked in on an annual basis from their biggest rival.

They will move on and get an up and coming coach that knows how to beat blue bloods (like Matt Campbell) and if he were to give the same results that Harbaugh has given Michigan then more then likely 4-6 years down the line Michigan will look for another coach.

Well we don’t have dax hill. Michigan is a blue blood. Doesn’t play Wisconsin every yr. So ur not comparing the same thing u know apples and oranges. Ur rite harbaugh may not make thur this yr cant even beat Indiana. I doubt the look at Campbell, never had a con champ no 9 win season. Cant recruit. Makes bad calls. But I do like how Gundy has no excuse. Since harbaugh playing ohio state that’s a good excuse. Once again ( not to my amazement) u change the rules or use half facts. There paying 7.5 for him to lose every game to osu. Were get off cheap only 4 and not every game lost.

Boynton has just as many wins against the blue blood in Big 12 basketball as Mike Gundy does in football. He’s also beaten OU as many times as Gundy has.

Boynton also got the #1 recruit in the country to come here and finished with the 4th best recruiting class in the country last year. Gundy might take some advice or so from Boynton.

Gundy’s been here almost 16 seasons now. Boynton hasn’t even started his 4th season yet.

And once again you are totally ignoring the main topic that everyone has just told you. They will move on from Harbaugh because they don’t accept mediocrity or getting the beat down by their arch rival on an annual basis.

As one person on here said “it doesn’t take 16 years to figure out if a coach is going to beat their rival consistently or win more than one conference title”. Yet, the school administration and some of the fanbase seem to be fine paying a coach top pay for average to above average results.

Now for what it’s worth. Texas A&M expects better results. They actually went out and hired a guy that has won a national title, recruits well, and won a few conference titles at his old school. Here we are giving a guy continuous pay raises for not meeting the standard that most pundits expect OSU to be at.

How many times does a coach have to prove to you over and over again he can’t get the job done? If I were to tell you that you have an 84.7 percent chance of losing your life savings by investing into the stock market right now are you going to throw all your eggs in one basket? Only if your stupid enough to do so I guess.

Oh I’m not sure, sorry I was making a masters joke. I just assumed he’d prefer the masters over this, I didn’t realize he’s been MIA for a while now!

So did ku tell me if it works out for either. U miss everything, hide facts make miss leading remarks hang out with ur ou troll buddies. I like boynton but I’m not putting the cart before the joe. It’s easy to recruit for did the last two ku coach do it. I mean if recruiting won u natty’s ku would have 30 not 1. Franklin at psu is another coach that cant beat osu. He has 1 win. What u have with is still reality. I would feel sorry for u but ur just an ou troll

1 Like

Last time I checked Bama beat Jimbo Fisher 52-24 this year.

I wouldn’t expect a lot of firings this year as the schools struggle with finances. Makes no sense to fire Harbaugh and have to pay off whatever his buyout is and then hire a new coach and have to pay him big bucks, all the while having to cut other sports and positions

I think guys that were injured are coming back but will probably be more like the walking wounded rather than healed. If that is the case I don’t think we can pull this one out as a victory. Before the decimation of the O line I would say this is the year we would shine. But now? Nothing wrong with our offense except for the condition of the O line and too many called plays right up the middle. OU will now be looking for the jet sweep to the right. And please Gundy and and associates, give us less passes to the right and at the line of scrimmage. Use the Cowboys backs as more than blockers. Open up the play calling Gundy.

Last time I checked. Fisher is currently in his 3rd season at A&M and hasn’t been hanging around for 16 years trying to figure out how to beat the top team in the conference.