PFB+ Softball (Part 1)

The 2020 class isn’t as highly ranked and looks like they went after a specific trait- speed. I’m sure they will add to this with transfers down the road. Saw Coach G at a gas station this summer and he told me that they are about to close on a stud transfer (the VA Tech girl) so they can add players much later.

2 Likes

There is definitely already pressure. There is also a former player and alum who has said her family would do some form of a dollar for dollar match to get the stadium renovated at the least.

2 Likes

Interesting. What makes the most sense for expansion? Doesn’t the team have practice areas or batting cages out of play down the 1st base line?

They have a “bullpen” and an open area they use for some soft toss and ball drills, but really nothing designated for one purpose or another. I think a lot of the expansion will depend on what happens with Allie P. It makes sense to me for them to expand in that direction. With all the beautification work and the park they’ve built beyond the softball outfield wall, I doubt anything will go out there.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. The only thing I would think about the outfield is making it more accessible for the fans that roll their trucks up. They could add some really neat stuff out there. I think something like what Mississippi State did with Dudy Noble where they have grills and stuff out there for fans would really enhance the experience. I don’t know how feasible that is, but I don’t think they need to add seats.

1 Like

Well, last year fans were tailgating out there from foul pole to foul pole. OSU powers that be went ahead and ruined that by adding a nature park or whatever they are calling it back there. I think the school and the athletic dept are disconnected at times. There didn’t seem to be a lot of communication about that project. That corner was neglected, and will most definitely look better so I guess in the end it is best for the school

Is that why there isn’t anyone standing beyond the left field wall this year? I was wondering why they moved. That’s odd.

Yes. I know they fought to make sure they could still stand out there, but I think the grass is freshly seeded right now or something. Not exactly sure on that, but it has to do with the beautification project.

Cowgirls drop a dozen in the first. This team is going to be real exciting, hopefully they can finally get one against the Sooners!

3 Likes

No softball this weekend.

We need to get this thread going again. I played college softball and still give lessons, so it’s by far my biggest love! So, I want to talk softball. The girls are ranked in the top 10 and going back to last spring have won 23 games in a row. They swept a doubleheader at No. 12 LSU last night. Just thought I’d share and give them some love because they deserve it!

9 Likes

Pitching has been outstanding! And there were some nice defensive plays made yesterday.

2 Likes

Yes! I was so glad I got to watch yesterday. Some of the plays in the outfield were unreal and our shortstop is so good. It’s also nice they have at least 2 very reliable pitchers. Some teams live and die with one pitcher, so I love that we have a staff. That will be huge moving forward and into playoffs.

1 Like

I watch in the NCAA’s but that’s about it. They should do a Bedlam series in Tulsa/OKC similar to the baseball teams.

First home series next weekend. We need to roll out as much as we can. Should be a fun weekend with good weather!

2 Likes

Yeah a lot of their games aren’t televised, but ESPN+ is carrying some, and yesterday it was on the SEC Network since it was at LSU. I think two years ago they at least played one Bedlam game in Stillwater, one in OKC at Hall of Fame Stadium and one in Norman, but it looks like this year they’re all in Stillwater. I can’t think of a stadium in Tulsa that would work for Bedlam like Hall of Fame or like the baseball team can use Oneok. I’m not sure if any of the high schools have stadiums big enough.

1 Like

Not going well right now

Really surprised they started Simunek. She’s always been a good relief pitcher, but as a starter she always seems to be a little shaky.

1 Like

@GeoPoke Yeah I checked earlier and saw it was going a little rough. It was going to happen eventually, so at least it’s to a top 10 team.

@brooksM I was surprised by that too considering the competition, especially since the two who started yesterday only pitched one game a piece.

3 Likes

Cowgirls in a good one right now, it’s a shame it’s not even on ESPN+

5 Likes