PFB+ Softball (Part 1)

When your kids get bad grades, do you just let them fail? Or do you try to help them correct their errors? We’re just trying to make Carson the best version of himself.

2 Likes

Feedback!

1 Like

I support this critique, @CarsonCunningham. It strays at times.

2 Likes

Boomer

14 Likes

That honestly looks like an OU troll considering we all saw Dez

1 Like

Getting back to softball…

I wanted to provide @CarsonCunningham and Colby a bit of OSU softball context after I listened to the first half of the podcast today. Maybe they remember my college football blue blood analysis, where I ranked teams based on actual results with recency bias weighting added to the scores). I recently did something like this for college softball and posted it up higher in this thread. This image is now updated to reflect results of the 2021 WCWS. There are two long-standing Blue Bloods - UCLA and Arizona. Oklahoma is a “new” Blue Blood rapidly gaining ground, with the most championships since 2000. After those three, there are only 10 other programs with 10 or more WCWS appearances - and OSU is one of them. Oklahoma State is a HISTORICALLY GOOD softball program. Before you say “there aren’t many softball programs out there”, realize that 124 programs have been to the WCWS since 1969 and we are ranked 14th according to my subjective formula. Yes, Michelle Smith is our most famous softball personality and that is well-deserved. But I think you did a disservice to Oklahoma State softball history during the pod (while appropriately praising the job Gajewski has done since his arrival in Stillwater).

7 Likes

You really don’t want us to bring out all of his over the top Sooner loving Tweets do you? :laughing:

2 Likes

Take it to the bedlam thread!

What do you mean? If we just look at college Blackmon > Dez any day.

4 Likes

Blackmon will always be one of the greatest “what ifs” in NFL history. It pains me to think that his addiction cost him so much opportunity in life. He was on pace to be one of the all-timers. Particularly if he had had a QB. I will never understand how nobody within the Ok State program could reach him and help before things spun so far out of control. I think back to his first arrest coming back from Dez’s game. Pokes had an off week, so he and two other players drove to Dallas to see Dez play. He gets arrested. Gundy suspends him for one week against a meaningless opponent. In hindsight, he should’ve been suspended for the rest of the season no matter the cost in the win-loss record. Maybe then, he could’ve truly gotten the help he needed and would be thriving in the NFL today. But then again, maybe not. Addiction is one powerful monster. Seen it first-hand. I sincerely hope Blackmon has defeated his and is happy and productive even without the NFL.

1 Like

I hope they did. Gonna go check.

Dez was more dominant in my opinion. Also on special teams they wouldn’t even punt his way.

Why? So he can go chug a few more at Murphy’s?

No, so that he would understand the severity of drunk driving and stay the hell away from Murphy’s if he can’t find a DD and get it under control. Maybe giving up a season in college is worth it if he gets the help he needed to keep his NFL career.

That’s not how that works.

2 Likes

Then how does it work?

Rehab and AA. Being supportive but honest. That overly consequential stuff does opposite.

3 Likes

One of the top comments of all time

Don’t talk about stuff you know nothing about. Justin was incredible when he played. Incredible talent that had to battle demons. He absolutely had support from Gundy and staff, and still does today

1 Like

Justin was the greatest receiver in college football history. I’m not about to argue that. He was ELITE! The only point I was making is that somewhere something wasn’t clicking for him to be able to beat the demons you’re talking about. Because what should’ve been a Hall of Fame career in the NFL for him never came to pass. You didn’t need to come after me like that, but oh well. Enjoy your flex, I guess…