PFB+ TV Show Thread

I suckered my wife into watching the Great British Bake Off, every episode ends with her saying “I can do that” which means I get a new dessert every week

7 Likes

We have watched all of these. They’re awesome. Can’t get enough.

Just started Yellowstone yesterday (on Traber’s recommendation). Five episodes in and it is phenomenal.

1 Like

This has been a great thread:+1::call_me_hand:

1 Like

The righteous gemstones is fantastic. It’s hilarious and strikes a way too real nerve but not too on the nose and not too serious.

Danny McBride even specified he isn’t out to make fun of religion or Christianity, he’s out to roast mega-church hypocrites. Here for that.

4 Likes

The Spy on Netflix is really, really great when you get passed Borat playing a serious character.

Mindhunter season 2 just came out. Get on that, stat

2 Likes

Holy smokes … Succession … I can’t believe I wasn’t watching until this thread existed

3 Likes

That’s why I always watch shows like that with subtitles. Peaky blinders is a great show, but you miss a bunch without subtitles. If you like taboo you will love Tom Hardy’s performance in peaky blinders.

Just finished Yellowstone and it’s great, but a somewhat tough watch.

Binged marvelous mrs maisel this summer and it’s so smart and funny.

Mindhunter is great.

Binged the entire run of letterkenny in a little more than a week. So funny.

Chefs table is terrific.

Killing eve is great.

Catastrophe is funny and great.

I’m sure I’ll think of more

1 Like

I enjoy Succession… but I don’t really understand why so many people think it’s mind blowing. It’s super wealthy people acting like super wealthy people. Illustrates that money can buy you a lot of things… but none of them are happiness… and it’s mostly just going to turn you into a terrible person, as each and every person on this show is.

Just came here to say they dropped a Shippensburg U reference on Divorce (HBO) this season.

Great British bake off new season…new desserts for me to eat.

1 Like

Just burned through Carnival Row on Prime while wife was recouping and it was exceptional. First show I’ve really gotten into in a while. Premise is out there but a couple of episodes in, you don’t care. It’s def not kid-friendly, but the writing is chef kiss and acting was surprisingly good.

Agree totally.

It’s good. It’s worth watching. But as soon as I finish watching it, I’ll forget it immediately.

Finding Big Country just came out on Amazon prime. A grizzly super fan from Vancouver on a search Bryant Reeves. It was a great watch

2 Likes

Finishing up Shameless Season 9. The show is crude but, the wife and I enjoy it.

I watched “Unbelievable” on Netflix. Great binge, hard to stomach, though. Kinda … unbelievable. PG-13 but really well put together and good acting.

Knocked out 6 episodes of Unbelievable this Sunday and the remaining two last night. Really enjoyed the story and acting, but extremely difficult subject matter and it was gut wrenching to watch the 2008 storyline.

1 Like

Futurama turning Santa Claus into a murderous robot was a high quality bit.

1 Like

Prodigal Son is enjoyable. Penny Dreadful was great. The Blacklist is just wonderful.