PFB+ TV Show Thread

Ozark.

1 Like

Finished Game of Thrones last night.

Should anyone need a laugh, Derry Girls on Netflix is great.

Woah. Succession.

Not going to drop any spoilers, but @eddy that Succession season finale last night was chefs kiss so so so so good. I couldnā€™t be more bummed about having to wait a year for the next season. Game of Thrones like suspense now.

1 Like

Righteous Gemstones is so great.

1 Like

Watchmen has the potential to be awesome

Yeah it looks good and just noticed in the trailer that the police cars say Tulsaā€¦

Righteous Gemstones picked up serious steam towards the end and the last few episodes were 10/10 funny. Definitely surpassed Vice-Principals.

Totally agree on Succession, next great HBO show.

1 Like

Succession is fineā€¦ I still just donā€™t understand the hype. Maybe because I just dislike the main characters so muchā€¦ which, frankly, might be what makes the show great.

I think itā€™s that itā€™s because itā€™s essentially a comedy dressed up as a prestige drama, and the dissonance causes people to elevate it. It isnā€™t substantially better than the similar Billions, which doesnā€™t get near the acclaim people heap on Succession. I enjoy both shows but neither are all timers.

Theyā€™re so awful but I love them so much.

But credit to the ringer who noticed this first,

(Continuing on what GOT figured out)
For great tv all you need 3 is things

Brilliant characters, having conversations, in elaborate rooms & settings.

Succession hits on that.

That plot twists and shocking moments are the cherry on top, the conversations are what makes the twists so satisfying. Itā€™s like watching chess on tv if chess were entertaining.

And why the last season of GOT was hot garbage.

Also this gif

(@kyleporterCBS I WANT BIGGER IMAGE HOSTING SO I CAN POST MY AWESOME GIFS. Edit: never mind it worked somehow )

That opening scene of watchmen, wow thatā€™s tough to stomach.

Overall show is off to a great start.

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen it yet with little ones at home. But I heard the pilot is based on the Tulsa race massacre. If so, I can only imagine how graphic it gets

1 Like

Yeah it was a bit hard to watch. What is interesting is not only is it set in Oklahoma, but right before the episode came on they showed a preview for another new series coming in January, the Outsider, which is based on a Stephen King book which is also set in Oklahoma. Wonder if the TV show will keep that location as well.

1 Like

Yeah over the summer there were 4 productions in various stages of filming in and around Tulsa. And Scorsese is starting the murder of flower moon soon in Osage county

Silicon Valley still has it. Very high quality stuff.

4 Likes

Hubby and I recently finished watching The Americans. So good. All the way through the finale. Best show Iā€™ve watched in a long time. Definitely make sure the kids are nowhere near the TV, and be ready to fast-forward through the unfortunate gratuitous sex scenesā€“the life of a spy, alas. (I think the first episode opens up with something like this, IIRC). Great acting, great writing, great intrigue and suspense. Really interesting history references, too.

2 Likes

New season of The Crown is back on Netflix (as of Sunday). Already blazing through it.

Have enjoyed The Watchmen on HBO, too. Kinda all over the place with ā€¦ stuff. Maybe hard to explain. But itā€™s been OK.

1 Like

Finally getting around to Westworld. Also keeping up with the Madolorian and Watchmen. Other than thatā€™s itā€™s just a lot of Youtube and RoosterTeeth content