PFB+ TV Show Thread

I will say I think I might be in the minority when I say that I loved the Deangelo Vickers episodes.

1 Like

Parks and Rec did an amazing job of keeping Leslie and Ben interesting without adding forced problems into the relationship.

3 Likes

Big day for Netflix. New season of LastChanceU was just released.

2 Likes

Anyone else watching Perry Mason? Seems like they’ve shed some of the Nic Pizzolato influence (True Detective and original showrunner for Perry Mason) as it has gone on, and the last few episodes have been great after a very slow burn start.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about checking it out but haven’t
 if it’s a slow start it might be a hard sell for me.

Of course I fall asleep watching Forged in Fire because I’m an f’ing simpleton.

2 Likes

Just started radioactivity on Amazon
after googling the family, didn’t realize it is about the Sheldon Cooper family of science.

1 Like

There is a whole lot of character and mood setting in the first 3.5 episodes or so, and then it really focuses in on the mystery.

It was just renewed which makes me happy. I’m hopeful that now that the origin story stuff is out of the way, next season will start faster.

2 Likes

Started to watch it. Wife got turned off when the fat guy was eating mashed potatoes or some sh&t off the actress. I’m gonna try it again.

1 Like

Interesting what turns people off, the dead baby with its eyes stitched open was fine?

And how can a trial lawyer not watch Perry Mason??

Oh, I don’t think she liked that either! I want to watch it, but with 3 kids when we finally get nestled in for the evening around 930, I have to have her agreement on what to watch. So, it may take some convincing or I may have to find some alone time to watch it.

2 Likes

I had to watch for nostalgia reasons - my grandfather only watched one tv show - Perry Mason. Saturday nights on CBS. He was a lawyer (federal DA) and judge in Tulsa, so, as @brent mentioned, he was very interested in the series.

Interestingly, my son’s GF recently posted that she had just found out that Perry Mason wasn’t a real person. :roll_eyes: Univ of Alabama graduate.

6 Likes

New Last Chance U!

2 Likes

I’ve got it recorded but haven’t started watching it yet.

Apparently every comedic actor was trying for The Office.

Some of those work, some don’t. Adam Scott would have been a good Jim, but I think that Bob Odenkirk was a little too
smarmy for Michael and Kathryn Hahn is too ‘sexy’ for Pam.

I don’t know why I’m even commenting on this since I hate the show, but it’s so ubiquitous in pop culture that you can’t
not know these things.

1 Like

I think John Cho or Adam Scott would have been good as Jim.

Patton Oswalt is probably the best alternative for Dwight of these.

It seems like Kathryn Hahn should be a huge star. She’s hilarious in everything she’s in.

2 Likes

Oswalt’s the best alternative but he doesn’t quite have that simmering rage that Rainn Wilson brought to it.

And I agree about Kathryn Hahn. She constantly kills it.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s not that surprising but Wilson and Carrel are the least replaceable.

2 Likes

YOU HATE THE OFFICE?!

1 Like

Can we make a thread for, like, universally abhorrent takes?

5 Likes