PFB+ TV Show Thread

Then you should watch Tacoma, haha.

Love Island is by far one of the most fascinating shows I’ve ever watched. It’s the exact kind of show I never would’ve thought I would like, and yet, I can’t stop watching it.

2 Likes

Has Peaky Blinders been mentioned in here?

3 Likes

Huge huge fan of Peaky Blinders. Not fully caught up yet, but wow is it good

1 Like

Oh man does it get good!! We just finished the 5th series last night! Unfortunately Covid has delayed the next until next fall at the earliest!!

1 Like

I believe I’m on the second episodes of series 5 if I remember correctly. The show is so well put together, I’m a huge fan. Without any spoilers for anyone, John Shelby is my favorite character that’s been in the show to this point

Interesting! I think Alfie is one of my favorites of any TV show!! Tom Hardy kills it!!

3 Likes

Jump on the Last Kingdom…I stopped Peaky for it and haven’t regretted it

YES YES YES, Uhtred rules! The books are even better by the way.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned in here, but we started watching Doom Patrol on HBO Max (it’s a DC property).

Loving it so far. It’s a funny show.

Best, hardest to watch show on television. No spoilers, but Tom Hardy’s supporting role is so good.

Dude I just replied to your first post with a similar sentiment. Truly one of the best actors of our time.

I thought we might get a second season of taboo this year. Doesn’t look like it.

If you all are looking for some levity, try Schitt’s creek. Who knew Canadians were so funny? It takes a few episodes to get into, but we are now rationing, because the sixth season was its last.

1 Like

Man you OKC guys are obsessed with the dominance of Tulsa!

1 Like

I was really hoping so as well. The first season was great.

John Candy tried telling us all that Canadians are funny.

3 Likes

So I finished GoT last night. Season 8 wasn’t as bad as I had been told it was, IMO. Was it a rushed, frantic wrap-up that could have been stretched out a bit more? Sure, I think that’s a valid criticism. But I thought it wasn’t bad, and although it was a little faster than the pace of the previous seasons, I don’t know that that’s a bad thing as I thought GoT had a tendency to drag things out to somewhat disappointing conclusions and anti-climactic ends to certain plot lines, but they avoided getting dinged for this by shocking the viewer in unexpected ways.

Would love it more if I didn’t have to use subtitles.

1 Like

Hahaha same here!! I’m normally fine with British accents but those are deep!!

1 Like

I guess this is one of the sticking points that drives opinions a few ways on the final season.

To me, the pacing was what I loved about GoT. Me personally, I can’t stand network TV shows where they have such little time to grab you, and can’t afford to take their time lest they get cancelled. I loved waiting on GoT every week for what little I was going to be given, if that made sense.

It’s because of this that I hated S8. It felt like a season of “24” or something. Like Jon Snow was Jack Bauer.

Because the characters, and not the anything else, was what I loved, I didn’t mind it when they decided to just go ahead and lose themselves exploring someone for a few episodes, like they did frequently with The Hound. Those few episodes when they detailed him going off to find himself (Ian McShane cameos) and (kind of) join that weird monk group or whatever… were awesome.

It was just a totally different show to me. Did that other show suck? Heck no. Did it suck by juxtaposition? Heck yes.

1 Like