PFB+ Wrestling (Part 1)

Last I heard Connor was neck and neck with Ryan Crookham, so I’m sure Connor has AA upside.
Forgot both Bryce Andonian and Mekhi Lewis are graduating. With all the weights which are clearning,
Thomas Stewart, Connor Mcgonagle, Henson, Andy Smith, Hunter Catka all AA candidates.

All Cowboys Fans need to find time to watch John Smith’s Retirement News Conference. It’s recorded on YouTube. It’s a hour long, but it definitely makes you proud to be a Cowboy and appreciate John Smith and his legacy.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Fix has to go through Suriano and Gilman likely for a shot at the finals. Of course haha

3 Likes

He’s got this!:metal:

2 Likes

Narrowing today’s news conference down to five quotes was not easy. I definitely recommend taking the time to listen to the whole thing. https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-top-5-quotes-from-john-smiths-retirement-news-conference/

7 Likes

You find the whole thing at the bottom of that article

5 Likes

John’s press conference has me feeling some type of way.

3 Likes

It was awesome.

2 Likes

More on John Smith’s impact on his final boss, Chad Weiberg: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-wrestling-the-impact-john-smith-had-on-his-future-boss-chad-weiberg/

1 Like

As someone who thought it was time for Smith to step down (while never wavering that he is the GOAT), I am extremely saddened to watch all this. Due to my age, every single OSU wrestling memory I have includes Coach Smith. Won’t be the same ever.

6 Likes

When Weiberg was asked yesterday about a hiring timeline he said there was a lot going on right now to slow that process down and specifically mentioned Coleman Scott being out of town most of the week for team trials. But the hire could be anybody apparently? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

4 Likes

Honestly I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have a shot than CS right now. Loved what I saw from him this year.

3 Likes

Also, feels like a good time to reconsider JB as an assistant again. CS and him were teammates on the 2012 Olympic team haha.

No clue how good a coach he would be. But to have him at the RTC and for recruiting with JS still lurking in the background would be one heckuva recruiting trip.

Wonder what Jonny Hendricks is doing these days.

I dont think Justin Bieber would know much about wrestling but he could help with NIL

2 Likes

So for us that don’t follow wrestling super close…who are these initials you speak of?

1 Like

Coleman Scott, Jordan Burroughs, John Smith.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at PFB+ Wrestling (Part 2).