PFB+ Wrestling (Part 1)

Maybe they would do it if the fans actually showed up for duals in non pandemic years./s

1 Like

Heavyweight wrestling is really boring until it isn’t.

4 Likes

They don’t. The article was from a few years ago.

3 Likes

I get not pushing to bring in fans this year. Pandemic and all, but at that point is where you give your fans viewing opportunities. I.E. Streaming options.

But in the years where there isn’t a pandemic, you should sell your top product.

8 Likes

I kind of remembered that article when I made the initial comment. But is the wrestling attendance better than women’s basketball? Not saying they should take resources away from the women, it’s just ridiculous how they cover wrestling.

Per match/game wrestling attendance is a lot better than Women’s basketball, but overall there are a lot more Bball games than wrestling matches, so that could be different if you tally up an entire season.

Lewallen vs. Mauller is happening.

2 Likes

I might have missed it on here, but where is Kaid?

Ferrari-Adams

It really doesn’t make any sense to me. When OSU makes an effort to promote wrestling, fans turn out big time. The two duals I can think of in the past two years are 2017 Penn State and 2019 Iowa. Both of those the university as a whole made a big deal out of the duals and they both ended up being sellouts. I was still a student for the Penn State one, and I specifically remember a ton of people I knew who had absolutely no interest in wrestling made a point to go to that one because they saw how big of a deal everyone was making of it and didn’t want to miss out. If OSU would put just a little bit of effort in it could make a huge difference.

7 Likes

Out for season with injury

Dang I was really hoping Ferrari would beat Adams. Oh well at least it was close.

Dang he’s had a rough go with injuries!

Doucet vs. Harris in the finals. Time for everyone to actually see who is better.

4 Likes

@marshall Any chance you could give us an update on how we have done in the tournament so far? Don’t have twitter.

Generally good.

OSU has guys in all the finals except 125 and 197.

125 was the only real disappointment with Mastro losing in the first round.

AJ’s match with Noah Adams was really good. AJ had a few deep takedown attempts that Adams was able to get out of and win 3-2.

Daton is slaughtering people.

5 Likes

From what I can tell, this means Daton will be eligible for the NCAAs?

Yes

Yes, he’s getting his four matches in, so he can get auto qualified. It honestly kind of helped that Nieman and Witcraft lost in the first round because matches against teammates don’t count.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, schools have done some creative things for wrestlers to get their 4 bouts in.