PFB+ Wrestling (Part 1)

This tournament was 100% a “Get Daton 4 matches” tournament.

7 Likes

So they’re doing third-place matches as well. Just when I thought I wouldn’t have to watch two mats at once, John Smith flips me the bird.

1 Like

They announced Surber vs. Ferrari, but Surber injury forfeited out of his semifinal. Not sure if that’s happening.

Gonna need to do some deep dives for who John can use at 141 if Dusty can’t go anymore.

Any chance Gfeller could cut down in time?

That’s a Seth question. I’m just going to smile and nod.

3 Likes

LOL fair enough

1 Like

I don’t really know. He was hurt though, and may still be, I’m not sure.

141 would be a pretty big cut for him IMO.

1 Like

Not really the best tournament for OSU.

1 Like

This may have been answered previously, but why do our guys (outside of Fix) seem to take such few offensive shots during big matches compared to Penn State or Iowa guys? Does John just teach more defensive wrestling? I seem to remember us losing some individual national champs in the past 3 or 4 years because of this.

John hollers basically every media session that he wants to see more points scored.

So Wittlake goes out and makes me look foolish :smile::smile:

1 Like

Yeah, with Mastro laying an egg then neither Ferrari or Boo winning their big match, seems a little meh.

1 Like

And Sheets losing, as well.

Told a buddy literally this morning I felt we could get 2nd or 7th this year at ncaas. This is the 7th place example.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s all going downhill fairly quickly.

1 Like

What a terrible performance by the team as a whole

1 Like

Yeah Fix and Wittlake were the only ones who were really up to snuff.

Glad we could finish off a disappointing day with an example to everyone we don’t have a true HWT.

*I will continue to root for Harris due to his effort though

1 Like

So, I emailed Gavin Lang to see what I could find out on the reason the event wasn’t streamed.

The way I worded the questions was this.

"I’ve been covering OSU for a few years and had a number of people ask me why there was no coverage for the early rounds of the tournament?

I didn’t really have an answer to that and was told that you may be good point of contact within the athletic department to ask about it.

Is there any specific reason why it was not streamed? Does the ESPN+ contract not allow it? Was it something else?

I was just hoping to find out why it was just the finals and not the earlier rounds?

I apologize if I’m directing this to the wrong person. If there’s someone else that I should reach out to, please let me know."

This was his response

10 Likes