Picks, Point Spread, Preview: What to Know for OSU vs. Texas

Lebron has never had a legit big man in the middle. Not as important in today’s game. Do need better perimeter sitting then we’ve had so far though

U do know osu isn’t in the nba. But, I like ur trying to think of excuses. Check out how a high powered center does against us the talk about lebron. Boynton hasn’t won any nba championship.

Ur rite but to be fair boynton hasn’t coach 5yrs. I know I know don’t bother u with real facts.

U do know bb plays 2x the games. The thing is Gundy has had 1 losing season in 5 yrs. Boynton has never had a winning season. We r talking conference games. Overall Gundy has no losing season in 5 and boynton who gets like 12 non con games has 1 losing season.

Who said I was down on him? All I said was he needed to do a better job and time will tell. We still have 21-23 regular season games to play. This is 1 game. It’s not like Boynton has given me the last 9 seasons to figure out if he should be coaching an OSU team or not like Mike Gundy has.

By the way did you watch the Big 12 title game? See how Iowa State took it all the way down to the wire instead of just giving up and put ing away in OU territory.

Yet your quick to take up for a coach that has one conference title and 2 rivalry wins throughout 16 seasons.

1 Like

He went 21-15 his first season. Usually when you win more games than you lose it’s considered a winning season. If your going to be quick to defend Gundy for mediocre seasons don’t be quick to condemn Boynton for one.

1 Like

Boynton has been with the program for 5 yrs. MB has shown nothing to this point. If he doesn’t have a winning big 12 record it’s time to move on from him. I’m tired of the freaking excuses put or shut up!

Joe boynton has NEVER had a winning season in CONF. Joe u can go around misreading post all u want, not going to help boynton. In basketball ur season is determined by con record. I know u don’t understand bb but he has got to start winning some of these games.

They still call that a lose. That game was a win win for u. Gundy was not winning so u were happy.
Ur weird ess was probably confused to coach u want to be with both playing. Did they give u plenty of sideline shots. But if u really wanted to know I didn’t watch the game. I’m not a ou or isu fan. Don’t get off on coaches like u either.

Oh c’mon dude!!!

Where we going joe​:upside_down_face::rofl::crazy_face::cowboy_hat_face:

Yes, but you do realize that is how the game is played now stylistically. Faster pace with more perimeter shooting. Centers are more for picks and rebounds now on offense. The game has evolved

The game does evolve yes. The same thing is the rules are different. But the basics r still there. And lebron is not

Ok, so look at golden state. No dominant big man but good perimeter shooting. Even in our conference, this is how Kansas has been playing And winning for years. In fact, look at every single championship team at both the college level and NBA level in recent years and you see a very common thread. Great shooting with athletic forwards/wings and centers that pretty much do little more than set picks and get rebounds on offense. That is how the game is played now, by all of the winning teams, at every single level. It has evolved past the style you are calling OSU to run because this is more effective.

Were still not in the nba. Kansas has plenty of centers. Why if u know so much boynton doesn’t even believe this is true. Why did he rush to get the kid from Chad. Hope he could play.
I know ur jr high team were all 5 foot 6.

Last really good dominant big man kansas has had was Joel Imbiid, who is not the traditional post player. I honestly can’t remember when they’ve had that traditional post player. Imbiid plays more like a forward but can also run protect on defense. Look at the college game now. Can you name one team with a dominant post player with a legit chance to win? No one plays that style anymore. Again, the big men, the guy from Chad included, are used to set picks and get rebounds on offense. You don’t see dominant post players anymore. They have to be mobile and athletic. A big body isn’t as important. You’re about 10-15 years behind on how the game is played.

I’m talking defense. If we dnt need a center, then why did boynton grab(at the last sec a center over a higher g or f) a center. Why would he and ever one else say u need a center. If everyone else scores sure we don’t eeneed Reeves a Pittman would do nicely.
Not sure what this evolution u speak of is. 5’7" centers that leap 6 feet. 6 fingers for shooting guards. Even iba know what a 7 footer was good for.

Ok, but the original comment that I replied to was indicating that we wouldn’t go anywhere without a legit big man near the center. I’m saying that isn’t the case anymore because this isn’t the 90’s. A dominant big man is a great asset to have, obviously, but more as a rim protector on defense, and even then, isn’t entirely necessary because most of the champions in recent years haven’t had that. All I’m saying is that teams aren’t built around them like they used to be, and as the person I originally responded to was wanting. You can be successful without a dominant big man, and most of the championship caliber teams at every level in recent years have done just that. Off the top of my head, the last NBA team I can think of to win with a dominant center was the Lakers with Shaq 10 years ago. It’s been so long at the college level I can’t even remember the last team that won with that format, but I’m assuming at least that long, if not longer. Again, having a good center is definitely a plus, but building a team around said center is not a required recipe for success anymore.

I never said legit I said we needed a center. Because forwards aren’t centers. Teams that go to 4 guards and a forward do it for a reason, not evolution. If we had Rodman then I would say we r ok. But freaks grow on unicorn trees.