Picks, Point Spread, Preview: What to Know for OSU vs. Texas

You need someone that is able to do a serviceable job of protecting the rim on defense and set decent pics on offense, and rebound at both ends. That’s about it. You don’t build a team around a center like the person I was responding to wanted. And, if you look at who wins, you don’t need a center, because none, absolutely none, of them have one, not one single champion in the last 10 years, so no, you don’t NEED a center. And that is why teams evolved to predominantly stretch forwards and perimeter shooters style of play, because it works. The traditional centers are far too easy to expose in today’s game. Hence, Donovan’s famous line, “can’t play Kanter”

I told u 2 post ago the Pittman would be fine ( we dnt have). U dnt need to explain bb to me but if u think 4 guards is where it’s at u need help. Only u see this is ok, not even boynton see what ur seeing. I dnt why u keep explaining things no one else wants. This team will not win no matter how many nba guards u throw out there.

I’m the only one? My challenge to you then is to name one champion in the last five years at any level with an actual center. Name just one. One is all I’m asking for because if it worked then there would be at least one.

Anthony Davis is definitely more of a forward before you try that one. The thunder are about the only contender I can even think of that had one, but what Adams did could be done by a forward just as easily because he didn’t post up on the block and a forward wouldn’t be as much of a liability against an athletic forward as he has been. There is a reason he was traded this off-season. You keep saying I’m the only one that wants this, but if you actually look at what every single coach is putting on the floor and you’ll see you’re definitely in the minority. No one has a traditional center because they’re too much of a liability. You want a tall person, so do I, but they need to be more athletic and mobile than a traditional center. Boone will be a great fit once he learns to be more physical in his picks and rebounding. That’s all he is really lacking, honestly. That is a lot easier to add than another 4 inches anyway.

Also, on a side note, you also keep putting words in my mouth because not once have I said I wanted the four guard lineup. I just want our rim protector to have more mobility than a traditional center, hence be less of a liability on the defensive end than a traditional center. I’m all about having good lanky forwards that can play defense and shoot because, unlike the traditional center, that is actually the one common denominator for every champion.

Didnt even waste my time reading that novel.