Popeyes chicken sandwich review

According to the media, maybe… :expressionless:

I know that this is strictly sandwich vs. sandwich, but this is a very important read:

I agree with every single word in this article. Give it a read when you have the time.

Buddy I’m a very experienced Popeye’s customer from well before they had this sandwich. I know.

1 Like

Well, ok. But recently there was a video where a woman was body slammed in the parking lot (and the worker who did it was arrested).

What certain outlets didn’t show, or mention, is that that happened to her because:

A.) She wouldn’t leave when they told her to after many attempts.

B.) She started calling them all the n-word after stubbornly not leaving.

So my level of sympathy is really, really low when I find out that she was intentionally baiting them.

I guess my expectation of a certain level of customer service is pretty low. I’m just there to simply order something, get it, and leave. Don’t know what else they can do.

Oh yeah I fully agree that she was out of line and also agree fully with the article posted above. And it’s an absolute shame.

But… you have to admit… even before this craze… Popeye’s can be on the complete opposite end of the customer service spectrum, and that’s fine.

Wendy’s and Whataburger can be this way too.

1 Like

Sure. If we’re talking minimum level of customer service…they meet it…but don’t go much further. So yes, I agree with that.

Then I’ve heard some people refer to CFA’s as “creepy”, or “overdoing it”. I haven’t been in a CFA in ages, for a reason I’m sure you can figure out by my comment history. So I can’t really comment on it. From when I would actually go there, I remember it being average like any other fast food place.

“Here’s your food. There’s napkins and condiments there. Have a nice day.” Done.

Yeah there’s stories out there of CFA employees delivering babies in the bathroom and kind of getting involved in the lives of their regulars. Plus the whole “my pleasure” thing after you thank them.

It can depend on the franchise, of course. Involved owners typically drive the customer service train pretty hard.

Our Popeyes is in a nice area new townhomes right behind the drive through a remodeled strip mall on one side and a refurbished auto zone on the other, location isn’t a problem and still the garbage cans look to be emptied once a qtr, trash all over the parking lot, but the real treat is people behind the counter, how the staff treats the customers is probably how they treat the food, haven’t tried the sandwich yet and due to the above, most likely won’t, enjoy your lunch. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Yup. Like those commercials they’re currently running where they have a staff member sit next to a long-time customer. Which, great! I’m glad they make a strong connection like that, and could be viewed as “going above and beyond”. I just find it to be shameless plugging of a non-food product, tangible or intangible. But whatever, this has gone way off the rails, which is my fault originally.

I love the spicy version of Popeyes sandwich and would definitely go back for it. And McDonalds can seriously stop with their jokes of chicken sandwiches.

Raising Canes has a tender sandwich which is good.

Zaxby’s is big here in the South, but I personally don’t think they’re good. Just average.

I mean Chicken Express, Popeye’s, Church’s, and El Pollo Loco have always been the best chicken chains.

You live in Dallas, right? Have you had Pollo Campero?

I have not, but I’m listening…

I literally read this and promptly drove to the nearest Popeyes, waiting in about a 10 car line (not bad) only to see a sign on the speaker saying they were sold out. Went next door to CFA and begrudgingly ate a chicken sandwich… it was the saddest I’ve ever been eating a chicken sandwich

1 Like

I’ve literally never been sad when eating a chicken sandwich… so it must have hurt

1 Like

Shoulda just went with a Wendy’s cheeseburger, you’d be much happier.

2 Likes

http://us.campero.com/menu

Never been, I’m just wondering.

Oh man those are in nice suburban neighborhoods. There aren’t really any near me.

Not that I don’t live in a nice neighborhood. But I live in Dallas Dallas. About 4 miles northeast of downtown. It’s an old nice neighborhood completely surrounded by old, longtime not nice neighborhoods. So it’s a lot like the neighborhoods mentioned in that article… but with a Whole Foods… Dallas is weird.

There’s one in okc now and I’m dying to try. I assumed it was the typical Latin grilled, citrusy chicken. Imagine my surprise when I found out they had fried! There’s not a fried chicken on earth I won’t at least sample.

Didn’t you say you were from Memphis? I go there at least once a year. I wouldn’t even glance at a Popeyes if I had Gus’s available to me.

Off the beaten path somewhat, but still chicken related, if you like Eichen’s you should give the chicken shack in Luther a try. Really good chicken. Really good sides. Full bar. Tons of fun things to do outside. (If you’re in the okc metro)

1 Like

I haven’t a had chance to try it yet, but the consensus I’ve heard from others is that it’s good, but not sure if it’s worth going through all the trouble to get one. Popeye’s has a serious problem of matching the supply with the high demand.

Side note, I had some food delivered to me a couple of days ago and the driver was telling me that lately delivery drivers are avoiding orders from Popeye’s due to being stuck at the restaurant for a long period of time and unpleasant experiences with the staff. Which is unfortunate, because it’s pretty good food.