Popeyes chicken sandwich review

Pollo Loco is bomb, the only one I have seen is in allen but I always eat there when I can

The one at Live Oak and Fitzhugh closed and I’m still upset about it.

Let’s keep the main thing the main thing, Chick Fila > Popeyes. End of Discussion

1 Like

Of course! I’m a North Carolinian. Bojangles only goes to Tennessee currently and Biscuitville is mainly regional to the Carolinas and Virginia but both are absolute money for chicken connoisseur. Cajun chicken biscuit being the most popular item at Bojangles.

Nah dog. But I do like Biscuitville more.

1 Like

Oh, of course I go with Gus’s above all else, but if it’s a fast food chain, Popeye’s is good.

For the unrefined palette of a suburban white child, sure. That’s true.

1 Like

I literally laughed out loud a this

1 Like

I prefer CFA to Popeyes overall, but I definitely think Popeyes has the superior chicken sandwich. I think that’s a fair and reasonable take, but you’re welcome to have your own opinion on this matter. Unfortunately, it’s just the wrong opinion. Sorrey.

3 Likes

“Prefer Natty Lite to a nice IPA?”

I prefer Coors to any IPA so…

4 Likes

I came in a little hot and for that I apologize! Not dogging the sandwich at all, I’ve heard it is very good. I’m glad you cleared up the restaurants overall as there really isn’t much comparison in quality between the two. I’ll let you enjoy your popeyes in peace haha.

Haha, I know you were just playin’ around. I am with you on CFA still being better in terms of restaurant quality but I think, strictly chicken sandwich speaking, the two are on pretty even footing. I’m actually surprised I’m even saying that; I’ve stood atop CFA mountain for a long time.

I have yet to try the obsessively over-hyped Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich (not coming at you - it’s been all over social media for ~6 months!). I’ve tried their fried chicken a couple of times oer the past two years (there’s one <2 miles from my house) but have given up - it’s terrible. Perhaps the sandwich is actually different. Maybe I’ll give it a try. But probably not. Maybe if I really want a chicken sandwich… on a Sunday. Because 99.998% of the rest of the time it will be CFA.

1 Like

Fair. I’d encourage you to give their chicken sammich a try – it’s decent. As for the rest of the menu … I cannot vouch for that. It’s pretty meh all the way around.

1 Like

After reading this discussion I decided to go and try the Popeyes sandwich. I believe it is over blown. A good sandwich no doubt, but the reaction to is way too much. I liked it and would eat it again, but I still prefer Chick Fil-A. At the end of the day it is a preference which is something we all can have.

1 Like

Lol, PFB is the only place I’ve even heard about a Popeyes sandwich. I’ll probably go eat one soon! sa[quote=“kyleboone, post:1, topic:3126”]
I told myself, ultimately, that I’d wait out the Popeyes hubbub. I resisted the long drive-thru lines in Tulsa, the guerilla marketing campaigns on social media, the urges from my friends that I just had to try it.
[/quote]

#Respect. Glad you tried it. I think that’s probably what most people will come away feeling, as well. CFA is still a super solid, can’t go wrong option.

Can’t wait to hear your review!!

Strangely enough, CFA seems a little bit friendlier in Colorado (where I lived for 10 years) than in Oklahoma. I say strangely because one typically thinks of Oklahoma having that southern hospitality. Maybe it was just the specific managers in CO.

1 Like

I hit up the Popeyes here in Edmond and was totally disappointed with the sandwich I got. It couldnt hold CFA’s jock in my opinion. Maybe I got a bad sandwich, or maybe its the store here in Edmond, but I didnt think there was any sort of competition here.

1 Like