Positivity Only Thread

I’ve noticed my tone and posts have been sliding into a negative light more and more, as have many of us. Let’s fix that.

ONLY positive things allowed here about OSU (even not OSU…puppy dogs…Murica…whatever).
Replies are not allowed to be negative.

What are things you like about OSU sports? The college itself, things you are thankful for, etc.

5 Likes

I’ll start.

I’m thankful that we get to gripe about OSU football. There was a time when interest wasn’t even high enough to warrant griping. Football is fun, and has been for a while.

I’m also thankful for all of you dorks, even though your opinions are stupid and wrong and mine are always great and right. :slight_smile:

This board is fun.

14 Likes

I’m thankful that I get to go to OSU at time when all of its sports are competitive and fun to watch!

2 Likes

I’m thankful for this thread

6 Likes

Speaking from someone who was there from 98 to 02… I’m jealous. (BBall was awesome though).

2 Likes

I started a new job yesterday and my three year old daughter gets the cast off her leg today. I’m happy and thankful for those things this week.

PS Anyone ever fractured a leg on a trampoline jumping by themselves? :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

um YUP. Well there was someone else on it, but that whole thing where one person jumps at the right time to boost someone else into jumping higher. Yea, a misplaced one of those on accident at the same time my forearm plants upon landing snapped it (both bones) like a twig. 6 weeks in a right angle cast. Yuck.

Glad your daughter gets her cast off. 3 years old their bones are like silly putty. Must have been a large force to have broken the bone.

Yeah, it wasn’t one of those double jump situations. Yours sounded much worse. :grimacing:

Oh, I’m also happy Uncle Sam is sending me a refund for all my contributions in 2019.

I would comment on this but it’s the Positivity Only Thread. :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Similarly - I am thankful I got to go during the last golden era of OSU sports (80’s) - with THE 3 GOATS (Barry, John Smith, Robin Ventura) and several other “mini-goats” (Thurman, Inky, Michelle Smith, Gundy, O’Neal, Monday, Sheets…). And now I get to follow OSU sports from afar with the internet and PFB+ in this latest golden era. Seeing the on-campus links between the eras is particularly fun (Gundy, Smith, Ventura).

5 Likes

I’m thankful for The Chamber. I moved from Oklahoma to Alabama almost a year ago and miss the office water cooler talk about OSU sports. This has been a great place for that.

11 Likes

I’m thankful that my favorite hockey mask company sells a gunmetal gray mask with the option for orange logo, matte orange cage, matte black hardware and Chris’ University Spirit sells Phantom Pete decals in multiple sizes. :smiley:

That makes me happy…even if it may take a month to get it.

2 Likes

I am thankful for the football stadium we get to watch games in during the fall, for the first class arena we get to watch basketball games & wrestling matches, and for the amazing new ball park that will be opening on March 20!
We haven’t always had the best facilities.

6 Likes

O’Brate for O’State is O’Great!

3 Likes

nice. Where do you play? If in DFW you might have stopped some of my shots.

Speaking of OSU and Hockey unis, you might appreciate this jersey I dusted off recently. (Ignore the now-taboo Flaming Brand, we (OSU Hockey Club) made these back in 1999-2000 timeframe when it was new and we didn’t realize how terrible it was.

They were pretty slick besides the brand. Left shoulder has official institution logoing, and heavy stitched numbers. I wanted the ‘sweater’ feel with the laces on the neck, but I lost the battle when we were making them due to cost.

4 Likes

Even with the flaming brand… those are sick.

4 Likes

@kyleporterCBS OSU hockey jerseys for the PFB store. It’s an untapped market.

9 Likes

Never in a million years did I think I would be saying this but… I am thankful to be leaving Stillwater again. Stillwater will always be, and feel like home but I am ready for a change.

1 Like

With the amount of hoops we had to jump through to get the university to allow us to use those logos, I doubt 20 years later that would even be close to being allowed to be a thing. :slight_smile:

We had to fight back multiple times to get permission, and we weren’t even selling them. And we were actually playing other schools in ACHA DIII in the area i.e. Baylor, UNT, UT, Houston etc.

That being said, if it was a thing I’d buy one to wear for each day of the year.

2 Likes

Lol that figures.

However, I would also buy one to have for every day of the week… Similar to Doug Funnie’s closet.

doug-funny-closet

3 Likes