Pretty good read

OU scored 16 on WV , Baylor 17 and I think our defense is better than those two

2 Likes

Hereā€™s what will happen. While Iā€™m not impressed by OUā€™s defense so far theyā€™ve played a lot better in their last two games. That tells me with them getting one of their corners and safeties back they arenā€™t as susceptible to the pass as they were earlier in the year.

The OU defensive front held Breece Hall to 19 carries for 58 yards. What does Mike Gundy love to do? He loves to run the ball. Now he can say Sanders is getting better (which he is), but you know as well as I do heā€™s still scared to let him do too much.

Now do I think OUā€™s defense is as good as OSUā€™s? Not in any way shape or form, butā€¦ā€¦I also donā€™t trust our offense or special teams. About the only person I trust on special teams as of right now is Tanner Brown. While special teams hasnā€™t been terrible I wouldnā€™t classify it as great.

Besides teams named Kansas and TCU our offense has been fairly inconsistent all year. I especially donā€™t trust our offense when weā€™re down a couple of lineman and a receiver. Now whether you want to believe it or not OU is going to have better talent across the board offensively and defensively than Tech.

Now which Gundy will we get for this game? Are we going to get the one game planned like 2013 Baylor or 2015 TCU? Or are we going to get the Gundy that makes a game plan like heā€™s getting ready to play Kansas?

More than likely OU defensively will rush 6 or 7 most of the game to stuff the run and keep Pat Fields in the middle of the field while mixing up with some man and zone coverage. Thatā€™s if Gundy decides he wants to try and establish the run (which he almost always does). OU will force Sanders to beat them and Gundy is too scared to let Sanders do too much.

1 Like

It really doesnā€™t matter what joe says or if heā€™s right . He threw a fit after the first game, claimed weā€™d have a losing season and has also said multiple times Oklahoma state would never make it to a big 12 championship game as long as Gundy is the coach. Both ridiculously wrong

3 Likes

Whatā€™s been so wrong with our offense weā€™ve outscored opponents 165-23 the last 4 games. Sure itā€™s not pretty but why does it have to be

2 Likes

Whatā€™s been so bad about special teams though ?

We had what one kick ran back on us that I remember ? Blocked a fg. Had a lot of touchbacks . Good tackling . Pinned opponents back quite often with punts . Weā€™ve missed a few field goals but have we had any blocked ? Or blocked Punts . Iā€™d give a B to special teams . Theyā€™ve made strides from where they were 4 years ago .

1 Like

I never said he wouldnā€™t make it. All I said is heā€™ll never win it again. Yet, everyone here totally ignored every single time when I said ā€œI hope he does make itā€ or ā€œI hope he does win itā€. Everyone here was just like ā€œblah blah blah your a Gundy hater!!!ā€.

Well god forbid I actually criticize the dude some when he fails to meet expectations!!! You do know itā€™s okay to have constructive criticism, right?

Because you donā€™t criticize, you constantly want him fired and even when things are going good you have to constantly take jabs to fit your narrative. Itā€™s just dumb

3 Likes

Yes you did

3 Likes

When we win he will find some annoyance he will bring up to just criticize !! No one plays a perfect game. Joey itā€™s not constructive criticism, itā€™s just biotching about Gundy ā€¦ now itā€™s Knowles that wins the games. Pathetic
Gundy assembled the staff period. And the most of the players Knowles didnā€™t recruit. He has done a great job though. It takes both sides to win a game

3 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

Letā€™s not forget about special teams too. I was very critical of gundy taking over special teams and I think he deserved it about 4 years ago . And now I think specials teams is much stronger than it was so he now gets credit .

Itā€™s a position that we can overlook when they arenā€™t screwing up but put under a microscope when they are.

2 Likes

I think as a collective the team has continually progressed and been solid all around . Itā€™s been a heck of a ride!

1 Like

Indeed weā€™ve got a great group thatā€™s got their heads on right . This is a sign of good leadership from position coaches to our academic support staff the course is set .

3 Likes

I agree !! I didnā€™t expect this much this year, maybe 8-9 wins at the most but I love this team. They are focused, donā€™t seem to let how big the game is bother them !!!
Go Pokes !!!

3 Likes

Our total wins on betting sites were 7.5 I hammered that . Thought weā€™d get to 9 . We starting out a little rocky but made incremental improvements every step of the way .

2 Likes

Wonder how many lost money betting the Texas season win total?! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Kansas win total was 1.5! Thanks Texas

1 Like