Ranking the 2021 Football Uniforms

Marshall will probably get to this in the offseason, but I thought I could start some discussion now. You can see each of the 14 uniform combinations used for the 2021 football season in the image (I pulled most of them from PFB articles). How would you rank them? You have to rank the complete combinations and not say you like the color but hate the helmet logo or this one would have been the best if they used the Cursive Cowboys logo, etc. Work with what actually happened! [Does anyone have experience using a free ranker app so the data can be consolidated and actually ranked by PFB+ members???]

Here is my ranking:
Game 5 - Baylor (B w/Logo, O, B)
Game 12 - Bedlam (B w/Script, B, O)
Game 10 - TCU (B w/Phantom Pete, B, B)
Game 14 - Fiesta (B w/Script, W, O)
Game 11 - Texas Tech (W w/Script, W, W)
Game 8 - Kansas (B w/Throwback, O, W)
Game 9 - West Virginia (O w/Script, W, O)
Game 3 - Boise St (B w/Logo, W, O)
Game 4 - Kansas State (W w/Little Pete, B, W)
Game 1 - Missouri St (W w/Little Pete, O, O)
Game 13 - Big 12 Championship (O w/Logo, O, W)
Game 6 - Texas (B w/Logo, W, B)
Game 7 - Iowa St (B w/Phantom Pete, W, G)
Game 2 - Tulsa (W w/Logo, G, W)

anything cursive cowboys helmet.

also the k-state w/b/w was dope too

1 Like

Game 12 – Bedlam
Game 5 – Baylor
Game 10 – TCU
Game 9 – West Virginia
Game 11 – Texas Tech
Game 4 – Kansas State
Game 8 – Kansas
Game 1 – Missouri State
Game 14 – Notre Dame
Game 6 – Texas
Game 7 – Iowa State
Game 13 – Big 12 Championship
Game 3 – Boise State
Game 2 – Tulsa

2 Likes

#1 - Bedlam
#2 - Fiesta Bowl
#3 - WVU
#4 - Baylor
#5 - TCU
#6 - Boise State
#7 - K State
#8 - Mo State
#9 - Texas Tech
#10 - Texas
#11 - Tulsa
#12 - Kansas (meh, not impressed)
#13 - Can’t win 9 games University
#14 - That game (throw the helmet away, it stinks :face_vomiting:)

3 Likes

I’m still not over this. The equipment staff threw out fire all year, and then in the biggest game of the year, they laid one GIANT stink bomb. Seriously might be my least favorite combo we’ve rolled out in this current set of unis. Nothing will ever be as bad as the orange helmets with little bo Pete and the orange brand though.

2 Likes

It’s not my least favorite combo from this year in a vacuum, but after weeks of home run after home run it really sucked.

1 Like

5 and 7 are my top two. Don’t care about the rest as much.

Blasphemy. 5 is good, but grey pants?

1 Like

This deserves a flag. Please let me flag, @marshall.

1 Like

Yes. Contrary to popular belief, some of us like the grey jerseys and pants.

4 Likes

And a brutal loss in Ames. Result matters for how I view combos :joy:

1 Like

I respect that that is your opinion, but the greys are our worst unis

I like the greys. That combo just doesn’t do much for me. Black with grey combos at home are always good though.

2 Likes

Black and gray makes for a great combination (especially B/B/G). White and gray does not (for me).

3 Likes

I’m just now realizing that our road unis would look so much better with orange numbers and black outline. Too many of our road combos have hardly any orange. Hopefully the next set is like that.

1 Like

I really try to avoid that in my rankings. But not clear how successfully I can do it.

1 Like

The ISU combo would rank higher on my list if we won. I said the championship combo sucked before the game even started though. After the game it sucked even worse :rofl:

2 Likes

Looking at them in still pictures made it easier for me to ignore that part

1 Like

The only way I like the gray pants. I hate the gray jerseys though.

1. Texas Tech, HUGE FAN of our all whites and the Cursive Cowboy is glorious
  2. Kansas St. I don’t know what it is but this look just works. The Dark logo on white helmet is fantastic
  3. Bedlam, Cursive Cowboy for the win
  4. TCU, I am a sucker for the all black
  5. Baylor, A clean look
  6. WV, I believe this is the 1st time we wore the cursive Cowboy on orange. I like but don’t love it
  7. Texas, A solid if unspectacular road uniform
  8. Fiesta Bowl, I usually hate tri-color uniforms but I kinda liked how this looked with the cursive cowboy with orange facemask
  9. Missouri State, Usually not a fan of orange on orange but the helmet brings this together good enough.
  10. Iowa State, Grey is my least favorite color we use.
  11. Boise State, Not a fan of tri color uniforms but this is the best version
  12. Kansas, Again about the tri color uniforms but a solid throwback and love the traditional HC throwback games
  13. Tulsa, Again hate the grey
  14. Championship Game, Honestly probably not the worst but I did not like it before the game and the result made it worse in my opinion

Overall I thought the EQ Staff did an excellent job once again. Glad they pulled out all the stops with the cursive cowboy logo

5 Likes