Ranking the 2021 Football Uniforms

I just had an interesting observation of my own rankings. Both Boise State and the Fiesta Bowl were B/W/O - just different helmets. And while I like the Cursive Cowboys script, I prefer the Logo. But I ranked the Fiesta Bowl combo higher in my rankings. Interestingly, I think the stripe and the orange face mask made the difference in the whole look for me. Kinda surprising.

2 Likes

I dislike tri color in general but the Fiesta Bowl one worked well I thought. I felt as thought the orange facemask brought the uniform together. Good point about the stripe too

1 Like

The Fiesta was my favorite tri color by far. Usually I only hate it a little less than the grays

1 Like

Tri color to me is just too busy.
I think @Alum_in_AZ pointed out that grey can work but usually B/B/G. W on G just does NOT work for me

1 Like

definitely a tough look for our biggest game. I know they usually want us to wear orange in a situation like that and the actual brand logo, but I feel like they picked the worst version they could

2 Likes

Here are the standings so far - after 4 responses with full rankings…
Standings so far

Also included standard deviation to see where there is agreement and where there is disagreement. Let’s see if these early returns hold… :wink:

4 Likes

I thought for sure they would just go back to what we wore the first time against them. BOB with the brand has always been one of our strongest combos. To me it just seemed like a combo we would wear in a non con game, not our first ever championship game appearance.

1 Like

Awesome!

I agree. I know that when I was there they always wanted us to really wear orange in our big games. I think B/O/B would have worked perfectly as well. We don’t usually like repeating Uni Combos though in the same season. But we also hadn’t played this many games yet either

2 Likes

Man I think we underestimate the Kansas State Uniform. Its beautiful.

I love the Bedlam combo but I think it gets rated a little too high due to the emotional win

@marshall I do miss the uniform guesses before games. I wish y’all would do that again but I understand you might be too busy to do so. but just a thought for next season.

It was one of my favorite things to read when I was working there to see if yall would even get close to predicting the right uniform

4 Likes

Did they ever get it right?

I would bump the K State uni up if it had the Logo (in black). I really don’t like the small Pete head.

1 Like

No. They got close on occasion. I think they got the color combo right a few times but it is very hard to get the decal and color combo right we just have too many.

Sometimes they were laughably bad though. We would read them while setting up the locker rooms

3 Likes

Bedlam and Baylor would be my top 2 even if we lost those games. I just love the black and orange.

1 Like

The K State uniform is the only time I like the Dark Pete head.
I love the Bedlam uniform and Baylor to me is the classic OSU look of this Gundy era.
But man I love the All Whites and Kansas State uniforms. Those are just clean looks

1 Like

I also don’t think we use the black logo anymore sadly

1 Like

Oh my goodness, the uni combo they wear has no bearing on how well they do.

(I know you’re being halfway sarcastic, but good lord guys…)

1 Like

No, we’re being perfectly serious. It’s a mental thing. Look good play good.

1 Like

Chimp is slinging out flag worthy posts this AM!!

2 Likes