Reader Thoughts: Is Mike Boynton a Good Coach?

2018 we were 9th in the conference and still got to a bowl, because we only schedule cupcakes in non-conference. Can you tell me when the 9th in the big 12 conference made the NCAA tournament? 60% of FBS teams make a bowl while 19% make the NCAA tournament.

Well ar1 like I told u gurls before u can not compare bb and fb. One thing Gundy has done more then not is win in conf. Thatā€™s all boynton needs to do. In the big 12 majority of the time if the bb has a even or better record they go to the dance.
Gundy had a winning record by his 3rd yr. Were in boynton 4th. This all were asking boynton to do. Now u can stop comparing the great Gundy to some bb coach.
Letā€™s not have this talk again try to cut down on u meds so u can remember things

boynton gets 4 & 5 star players? i think Lindy was the only 4 star on last seasonā€™s squad. He wasnā€™t dealt a great hand to start his head coaching career.

I also like this site for player and/or team stats: https://evanmiya.com/

Boynton guaranteed to win as many conference titles as Gundy in the next five years.

Just need to get to the dance. Baby steps. And u know that 200 of the teams get in only by being one like 18 who won their trouny. What basketball is 98 the play post season.

Currently 68 teams make the tournament.

Nit I did say post season. That 100. Out of 150 who real have a chance. Or r u say Dartmouth has a legit chance every yr.

Marcus Watson. Avery Anderson. Both 4-star.

Heā€™s already made the NIT and like Eddie Sutton, Iā€™d refuse to go back. Not the goal.

Yes ur rite he does did to go to the dance. So I would say he has 2 yrs maybe 3 to get a winning record in the big 12. My point. Just like usual we have circled around. U proved how lil u know about everything.

1 Like

Iā€™d agree on the 2 or 3 years but if he canā€™t do better then averaging 4th over a 15 year career then Iā€™d just as soon move on.

He would be good to average 6th

Weā€™ll see, I know how proud you are of averaging 4th.

Is that a reference to the greatest cowboy football coach ever

Thatā€™s a reference to the coach who has lost more Bedlamā€™s than any football coach in history

1 Like

Ah ar u wont get ur new fb coach n lose ur bb coach soon so so so sorrrrrrrryyyy

Guess weā€™re destined for no championships in football and basketball for the future.

Not till we lose crappie fans like jeff joe ar1

1 Like

Iā€™m a Boynton fan, but Patrick has a great observation here - overall Boyntonā€™s teams have not played good defense.
In my opinion, the double team/trapping style doesnā€™t work against well coached teams, which is the majority of teams in the Big 12. Well coached teams will move the ball quickly cross court against this style of defense, which typically results in open three point attempts. In my opinion, this is why it feels as though every team shoots above their average when they play us.
I like a lot of things about HCMB, but I believe he needs to change his defensive philosophy.