Report: Dezmon Jackson Enters NCAA Transfer Portal

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/report-dezmon-jackson-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal/

The Cowboys’ RB depth just took a hit.

1 Like

Good luck Dezmon. I hope you stay healthy and break out wherever you end up so the trolls can talk about how Gundy misused your talents.

4 Likes

They give him every chance at Oklahoma state, if he thought he was good enough he’d stay.

And I’m sure the Oklahoma state Twitter fans didn’t help with what they were saying about him after the big12 championship game

3 Likes

Not just Twitter I’m sure. All the comments about “if we had Warren”… Baylor won the both sides of the line of scrimmage that whole game, I’m not sure Warren would’ve done any more. This loss wasn’t on Dezmon.

That said, he was 4th in carries this year, everyone else is back, plus 2 new 4-stars. Probably going to get a lot more carries elsewhere. I hope he shines.

5 Likes

He was 2nd coming in. His injury derailed alot. I think they were and will be looking for a running back. With the injuries u got to.

1 Like

Wherever he ends up, I wish him well.

5 Likes

Thank you for your work. I trust you got your degree.

1 Like

The injury bug got him bad. But with Ollie Gordon coming in and maybe LD Brown returning, he was not going to be carrying most of the mail. I think he made a wise choice. We will now get to see the freshman RB in the bowl game, at least until he fumbles.

1 Like

He only had to do two inches better.

1 Like

I hope he stays, but I can understand that running back room is getting crowded. Someone will be getting a good running back.

My opinion only but Warren made the run blocking look soo good. I think Warren could had gotten those 2 inches. Warren is talented. My biggest complaint still is the O.C. and O’line.

2 Likes

I can’t put the Big 12 championship loss on Jackson. We had so many other opportunities. I actually thought Jackson made a good move to bounce it outside. He gave 100% effort to get in the endzone. The stuff people put online is ridiculous.

3 Likes

The loss isn’t on Jackson at all. 7 failed tries to punch it in from the goal line isn’t on him. Poor line play and extremely poor playcalling did those two series in. However I don’t know how he doesn’t know to just run that thing in instead of dive. The dive was a real head scratcher. Wasn’t his fault we lost though. 4 interceptions leaving extremely short fields and poor play calling lost the game.

1 Like

Play calling is hard when you can’t run the ball and your QB turns it over 4 times

2 Likes

No, I believe he gave it his all, not his fault. The line wasn’t holding up. I do believe Warren’s all is more effective than Jackson’s all, though.

I agree 100%. Losing Jackson sucks but not worried at all. Warren was clearly the best back all season and he saved our asss numerous times throughout the season.

Play calling and having an inept offense of line aging was the problem. Blame who you want but the blame always falls on the man who has the last say so in every decision that is made.

2 Likes

Ok, yes its ur fault.

1 Like

I can’t really blame him for that. His QB, OC, OL, and HC put him in pretty bad positions all game long.

1 Like