Report: Dezmon Jackson Enters NCAA Transfer Portal

If he could do better then any of the other 7 teams would have done what gundy has done.
Leach and synder are prime example of the fall from a good coach.

1 Like
  • Yes, but he has some good newcomers on the O-line. Webber looks legit.
  • Sanders played better this year. You’re crazy if you don’t think so. He made fewer mistakes. He was 1st Team All Big 12. Unfortunately, he did feel the pressure in the title game. He probably won’t be a superstar, but he did cut down the mistakes.
  • Richardson looked good at times. Brown should be back. We also have talented newcomers. Warren came out of nowhere. Who is to say we don’t have someone like that. Maybe Nixon.
  • Not worried about receiver at all. So many talented young players got lots of reps and played well. The Greens, Pressley, etc.
  • The offense looked good when everyone was healthy.
3 Likes
  • On most years, was Sander’s play good enough to win 9 games in conference?
  • There’s newcomers every year on the offensive line. The offensive line was a problem when Mason Rudolph was the quarterback and with Corndog and now 3 years with Sanders.
  • The main thing is none of this matters if the goal is just make a bowl. If the goal is to win conference titles, it’s going to take more than one good guy on the offensive line and a pretty good running back. If your OC has as many tries in side the 5 yard line and that is the result, don’t blame the players.
2 Likes

7 total interceptions against the team that gave him the most problems. That’s not championship football.

1 Like

I agree that Sanders played ‘better’. Overall, he still did not play ‘well’. jmho…

Well wasn’t he B12 1st team? How does he get that award and not play “well”?

3 Likes

Obviously, my opinion is not the consensus and I am okay with that. There is much to be said of being quarterback on the conference championship game participant for those that vote on such. The Big 12 did lack star power at QB for the most part, other than in spurts or single game heroics.

3 Likes

I agree, this year was a low water mark as far as QB’s go in the B12 and Spencer was not good in the B12 title game (although he did light things up on that final possession) and bedlam primarily due to the interceptions. He did some good stuff in both of those games but man those interceptions are killer, especially when you give up the short field

2 Likes

Just keep moving the goalposts. He played better, and there’s no reason to think he can’t keep developing.

1 Like

The fact that it took him four years just to develop to playing at a sophomore level tells me we shouldn’t be so confident in our offensive coaching staff or playbook then.

Someone had to draw up that last drive of 80+ yards to get us in scoring position. It wasn’t pixie dust

1 Like

At he same time someone didn’t draw up anything better being inside the five yard line six times.

Poor joey got coal again

1 Like

At least I’m not blaming Jackson’s one play or the best unit on the field for the loss.

Missing time with injuries, missing most of an off-season due to COVID, and switching OCs every year. This is the first time he’s had the same OC for two years in a row, so I don’t think it’s coincidence that he seems like a sophomore developmentally. I’m encouraged that he made strides.

1 Like

He has a Head Coach that’s a former D1 college QB. So what is he doing to help with Sanders development over the last four years?

While Saban spends his time out on the field at Alabama during practices, Gundy spends his time in his office making sure the details he wants in his contract are correct because he has no agent.

One coach is making sure his team is ready to compete at the highest level. The other is making sure he gets more money for just being bowl eligible.

1 Like

Espn did a show on saban. I missed the part where he got down and dirty with the lb or even hauled water to the linemen.

1 Like

Apparently you didn’t watch close enough. Watch “A Football Life: Nick Saban”

He hired a QB coach for him?

You are not a fan. Why are you here? Why are you so miserable? No one likes you.

2 Likes

I think it would be best that we not respond to the trolls unless they ask a legitimate question or make a valid point. Doing otherwise is just a waste of time.

2 Likes