Report: Jim Knowles Won't Coach in Fiesta Bowl, Set to Make $1.9 Million Annually

Or don’t overpay coaches that consistently prove to you they can’t win championships. How about that?

1 Like

The last OC has been far from a home run that’s why.

1 Like

But like I have point out it’s not because of his play calling. U gave boynton and Knowles 5 years then give dunn a few. I mean boynton can say he doesn’t have players this year. Knowles ran THE worst defense his first year, it was more then players that year.

What was the excuse for the offense when we scored 12 against K State and 17 against Tech?

But that’s just it. That was the very reason for our woes. That was evident all season from anyone that knows the game of football.

Like I said rite me when u have something new to say. No matter how u make it look in ur mind that was the worst defense we have every had. It was more then players.
The woes anybody have had is u not gundy. He won 11 games. U gave us chit for 365 days.

Can’t do that Robert. He doesn’t have “experience” as his daddy would say. Gotta keep sticking with the guy that loses you the game.

Yep!!! There you go again. The old “Credit only Gundy at all costs” argument. Put a truth serum in Gundy and he’ll tell you his defense was the main portion of his 11 wins.

I’m just here to point out that when it comes down to Gundy trying to win championships he fails. I mean….if you guys are just happy with going to any meaningless bowl game a majority of the time then that’s fine.

I’m just saying if you want more conference titles Gundy is probably one of the last coaches you want trying to win you one. I have to agree with Pat Jones though. OSU should already be past the bowl elgible point.

2 Likes

What does that have to do with losing coaches to blue blood teams?

1 Like

Yea our 11-2 season woes, come on man lol

2 Likes

I might have more respect for the ESPN show…

I have a feeling that HCMG would turn as deaf an ear as… well, not to mention any names. I am certain if he has any desire for 'heart to heart’s with fans, I would be far down the list. However, telling him respectfully of everything I have had to say here, including getting his testicles out of his wife’s purse, would not be a problem, given the opportunity. lol

I am pretty sure you have to be a much bigger donor than am I to get face time with HCMG. So, when YOU chat, please do send my regards. lmao… :cowboy_hat_face:

I, too, was in the Illingsworth camp at the beginning of the season and wouldn’t mind seeing him in the bowl game. However, I did take a spoonful of ‘medicine’ for being wrong after his performances while Sanders was out. I like strong armed quarterbacks who can get the ball out, mobile or not, because that is how our prior teams performed at it’s best, ala Weeden. But, in his chance to shine early this season, Illingsworth was inaccurate and sporadic. That might improve with repetition but it might not. I know these guys were coveted recruits, but at the moment, we don’t have a championship caliber quarterback on our roster, it seems. If one develops from within himself, or gets recruited to oSu, I am indifferent, but few football teams on any level win any kind of championship without one, championship caliber defense, special teams, line play, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, etc… or not!! I know Gundy is going to ride the Sanders train until his eligibility is exhausted, so… for now… I have to hope he develops from within himself.

JMHO!! for any that take a fan blog much too seriously, thus themselves much too seriously as well. lol

Championship caliber coaches get taken by blue bloods. Coaches that are bowl caliber stay stuck at Oklahoma State, or until they can finally prove to the blue blood, that if they can win a conference championship at their school, they can probably do it there.

We wasted a chance for another conference title and CFP appearance on the best defense Gundy’s ever had. Simply because Gundy and Dunn kept wanting to do “The same thing they’ve always done”.

Even if it meant you were missing most likely the best offensive player you had. That’s okay though!! I’m sure Richardson and Jackson are just as good as Warren, right? Or maybe, every back up lineman we have is as good as Godlevske? What an adjustment of play calling and playing to the strengths of the players!!!
That’s some BIG TIME football right there!!!

1 Like

I agree. I feel the same way about our offensive coaching staff. We can’t block, we can’t make throws, we can’t catch balls, we tend to fumble, and we don’t develop our quarterbacks at all!!!

2 Likes

Seems a little odd that there isn’t one story about Gundy trying to throw his hat into the ring for the Florida job.

2 Likes

I certainly would turn a def ear to criticism about testicles and all that.

1 Like

You make no sense