Report: Jim Knowles Won't Coach in Fiesta Bowl, Set to Make $1.9 Million Annually

The same basketball program that’s been in a hole the last 15 years? Yeah that’s Boynton’s fault. Maybe if it wasn’t in such a terrible state we could’ve picked our choice of top of the line hires.

2 Likes

Jury is still out on Dunn, imo. The injury issues OSU has had the last two years are incredibly significant to this conversation. I mean, against Boise, for example, we were playing without 7 of our top 8 WR. We had to start a true freshman walk on in that game. In the conference championship we were without our top two RB in Warren and Brown and our starting center. So, yes, it’s going to be difficult to run against Baylor with one of the best nose tackles in the NCAA. They’ve dealt with so many injuries the last two years it would’ve been difficult for any coordinator to do much.

3 Likes

You may not know better but what goes around comes around so it is wise in life to have some humility with people on your team who may be under performing because that will be you at some point in your existence and perhaps more than once. Any team player worth their salt knows that. As soon as you start pointing fingers the team dies and so does your primary advantage over your competition. So just stop it with this offense bad defense good crap as the reason for all our woes. Most years prior to this the situation has been the opposite. Our team or any team for that matter are only as good as the sum and I’m sure Jim Knowles is cognizant of that fact

1 Like

I would agree with you. It’s hard to measure Dunn’s performance because of all the player injuries. I will say that after some consideration post game I truly believe we would have easily beaten Baylor if we didn’t have the injuries that we had. Even given said injuries we probably still win if we hadn’t given up the ball via 4 interceptions and provided Baylor 21 points all on short field possessions.

2 Likes

This is an oSu sports blog. Feel free to express your opinions. As will I.

Just stop it with all the ‘just stop it’ commands from your pious perch to others with whom you don’t agree even if you are so sanctimonious as to feel you can identify those who may or may not ‘know better’.

But, with that said, I do have to go respect your stance on the injuries affecting Dunn’s lackluster performance. Respect to what you express pragmatically when not serving as the self appointed blog hall monitor… :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I can respect the jury still out. I actually think that Dunn has little autonomy in play calling. Gundy’s fingerprints are all over the conservative approach. Injuries definitely played a role. I just fear that the injuries at various points in the season made it all too easy for our offense to go to our knees, begging not to be beaten… rather than stand on our feet willing to die valiantly. just my humble opinion. :cowboy_hat_face:

Even with out tge injuries we had a ton of new players.
I know u never work or played in s team environment. But new people take time to fit.
Plus the fact all the recievers went in the shape they will be in next year. Those freshman and even presley got bullied of the line and held. That really hurts time plays.
I’ve said before but gundy and the offense did have 2 bad recruiting years with real no seniors or juniors at recievers and running back

Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part so I am sorry for that. I’m not commanding you to do anything, ‘just stop it’ implies that it is a tired old argument but I get it that you didn’t get the inference. The rest of what you said is just name calling which you were accusing me of so there is that. Anyway sorry for the misunderstanding

2 Likes

Right, but we should have a veteran D. Hopefully, they can assist with the transition if we want to run the same defense.

1 Like

From one name caller to another… no apologies necessary. It is just a sports blog. My name calling does tend to be more overt while yours is quite subtle, thus seemingly more politically correct. Perhaps I owe the apology, but subtlety and tact are a bit lost on me. I much prefer ‘in your face’ descriptive references AND offensive philosophy in college football. Perhaps that explains my affection for Mike Leach as a coach, despite our obvious shared character flaws. lol

Take for instance, your ‘didn’t get the inference’ and the name calling that it… infers!?! How ironic. :exploding_head: I doubt any inference from you is lost on me. Tired old arguments continue to be made because of tired old arguments on the opposing view. It takes two tired old arguers to make tired old arguments, my friend.

Suffice it to say that, while we possess philosophical differences and both will resort to name calling in our preferred fashion, we do both want to see the 'Pokes avoid the harmonious sounding ‘chokes’ whenever possible.

Happy Holidays to your and yours and Godspeed to us all in the coming year. Starting Jan 1 with the Cowboys!! :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

As a famous man once said (actually more than once) “come on man!!!” lol

You saw what happened in the championship game when we stood on our feet and let Sanders throw. 4 interceptions and an L

1 Like

Point taken. But stand up with the next man up… Sanders should have been benched most of the second quarter. Then, depending on Illingsworth’s performance, probably start Sanders again in the second half. If ONE PLAYER is the problem than he is the problem, not the philosophy. That L was well deserved in both halves. First half, we stood on our feet ineptly. Second half, we went to our offensive knees and consequently got a mere three points from two gifts of first and goal from the two yard line. Yes, a great chance to ‘die’ if you stand on your feet. But no chance to truly ‘live’…

I once despised Saban as the most arrogant of men, much less coaches. But, I have looked closer at the man and what he has said and done in the past. Mad respect for COACH Saban. He is a task master and a perfectionist and players, even star players, do not get a pass when under preparing or under performing. COACH Saban will risk dying on his feet and never on his knees afraid of being beaten. He took over Alabama the season after we beat them in the Independence Bowl. Reasonable to think that our program was ahead of theirs at that time. Yes, his budget is bigger, but he also rebuilt Alabama into the powerhouse scourge of all of the rest of us with ‘bravado’ and sheer guts, often chastising fans, assistant coaches, players and administrations alike. He isn’t Mike Leach, but the man has charisma and guts!! Gundy is our coach and our man. Just wish his testicles were always with him at game time.

2 Likes

Several semi-famous men, it is a segment on ESPN if I remember right… lol

Yea referencing POTUS not some ESPN show

1 Like

Maybe you should have a heart to heart with HCMG. Tell him everything you have to had to say here. See what he thinks.

2 Likes

If you wanna talk about if Sanders should be starting I’m all for that conversation. I thought after last year we should’ve started Illingsworth this year, Sanders went 11-1 and seemed to prove me wrong but after that championship game and considering he threw 10 interceptions against the only decent teams we played all year I would definitely start Illingsworth In the bowl game. I don’t understand why we don’t use them like we did Rudolph and Walsh in his first year, Illingsworth is the QB but in short yardage or goal line situations let Sanders come in and use his legs.

1 Like

I hope daddy will final let gunnar play. There are alot say gunnar is the better. Even when gundy talks u can tell he is harder on him.

Joe why are you on this site. You are obviously an OU fan. How about you just fade away…

1 Like

Why wouldn’t he?

1 Like