Rondel Walker Commitment Watch

The only other school besides OSU that realistically had a shot with Walker was Kansas State. And he canceled his scheduled official visit to Kansas State to make another trip to OSU.

3 Likes

I know that all the talk of Cade and Bryce has dominated most of the recruiting chatter (and rightfully so), but this seems like a huge get for the future of the program. Boynton needs to keep hammering the in-state kids. Getting Cade is obviously a can’t miss opportunity, but part of me would almost rather get Bryce to strengthen that PWP pipeline to Stillwater. With Kansas presumably about to get drilled by the NCAA, I feel like now is a huge opportunity for OSU and OU and to take control of the getting the top kids in the state instead of seeing so many of them go to Kansas so often over the last how many ever years. Boynton seems to be in on Trey Alexander and Bijan Cortes pretty heavily, I hope that snagging some of these highly touted Oklahoma kids helps down the road.

… and then KSU took two guards just like him. I think Walker is a lock to OSU, and is the first domino to fall for Cade Cunningham. If/when Walker commits, JT Thor and CC should follow pretty quickly after.

2 Likes

Thor I agree with. CC I’m optimistic about, but still waiting. Still lots of questions he has to answer, the most obvious among them: What the heck is taking so long? If he wanted to go to OSU, why hasn’t he done what’s best for OSU and commit already so he can help recruit? This whole situation is bizarre.

I’ve tried not to overthink Cade waiting as he’s taking his OVs. But now that they’re done, how much longer do you think it’ll be before he commits?

He mentioned the tournament in Dallas as a good timeframe, but that’s a looooong wait from now.

What time is his announcement?

Tomorrow, at 5:30. There’s a scrimmage before his announcement so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a little late.

Branding is my guess.

That certainly is in play.

Some good news on the horizon, I do believe. Walker set to commit at 5:30 this evening (which will probably be closer to 6:00 if I were guessing).

3 Likes

I need some Boynton :eyes::eyes:

Dominoes, anyone? :eyes:

2 Likes

I think that after the Cade and Bryce drama (which seems to not be ending anytime soon), a disappointing football season, the Watson terribleness, and now the Tylan injury which (at the time of writing this) could end his season and possibly tenure here…we need this one. We need some good news from Rondel Walker to kick off a fantastic November for OSU.

1 Like

Welcome to being an osu fan…it’s an emotional roller coaster, all year long.

4 Likes

Oh, I’m well-versed. It just seems like lately we’ve had considerably more ‘oh no’ moments than ‘oh yes!’ moments, hence us needing a win on this tonight.

So is he doing this via twitter or insta (as the kids say) or tik tok or Facebook or MySpace or WhatsApp?

Sources are telling me that it’s Friendster.

2 Likes

How can we watch this? Is it watchable?

Oklahoma State it is!!!

Yeesssssss! Step one, but a great step in and of itself!

4 Likes