Sahvir Wheeler Transfer Thread

I think it would be more of him starting and ICE off the bench. Idk though.

2 Likes

Ice isn’t coming off the bench

Why?

1 Like

Well mark if you had this information all along why didn’t you just tell us

shut it down everyone, mark14 is here and Ice isn’t coming off the bench case closed.

atleast I can stop thinking about that now phew

12 Likes

If Ice is guaranteed as a starter, then Boynton is pulling a Gundy for experience and that’s annoying. He has a lot to prove he’s back to normal. He was terrible at the end of last season.

1 Like

He is also considering Kentucky who just singed TyTy…so no matter what school he goes to he will be coming off the bench.

I look at it more of “how many minutes will he play” rather than starter vs bench. I see Wheeler as an 18-24 minute per game guy and clearly he is fine playing around that many minutes because KU, OSU, and UK all cant give him 30+ mpg.

1 Like

your method of quoting is rather strange. If you ask me Ice has earned the starter reps and someone (Wheeler) is going to have to come in and take that from him.

Honestly we all glorify starting so much, it really is not the end all be all

It messes up and does it different every time. No idea why. Feel like an old.

I agree that minutes shouldn’t really matter. But I don’t think he should start just because he’s been here for three years. Would prefer it to be based on merit and if they are equivalent at practice, the nod goes to Ice for his experience / leadership. If he gets back to pre-mono / early last season form, then he definitely should be the starter.

I think singing is an NCAA violation. :joy:

7 Likes

Just imagine our bench PG (linebacker) coming downhill against their bench. :man_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

I bet ice starts the majority of games regardless. I also bet his minutes will be less. Seniority is real, he’s a good player and he’s deserved it. Hot take, bad take whatever I like ice. He’s like a better taller Byron Eaton. All u ice haters can kick rocks

1 Like

So when’s Wheeler going to announce?

4 Likes

I think too the leadership ice has on the court is something we’re overlooking.

He’s the traffic controller on defense for sure.

Just needs to get his touch around the basket back and he’ll be fine.

My starters pick:
Ice
AA
BT
MAM
KB

With rondel tyreek and Bryce Williams providing the majority of bench minutes.

Remember last year when keylan was starting?

The competition at practice this summer is gonna be crazy

My projections for starters:

Avery
BT
Ice
Rondel
BW
MA
Kalib

That legal?

9 Likes

If we do not get Wheeler and get someone like Durr, etc.

It will 100% be:

Ice
Avery
BT
MAM
Kalib

If we get Wheeler, Ice or Wheeler could start but it really does not matter much both would play big minutes.

5 Likes

Another thing about Wheeler that hasn’t been talked about: similar to Bryce, Sahvir’s father is an AAU coach. Teddy Wheeler is an assistant coach at Houston Christian school and Basketball University, an AAU team based out of Houston.

Getting Wheeler and Bryce on the same team may make recruiting a little bit easier if you have some inroads to major AAU teams in Oklahoma and Texas.

2 Likes

@TheHeadChimp looks like he will commit soon (tweet was from 5-12).

5 Likes

I’m late to the party, but any way this dude reminds anyone of Chris Paul? I loved watching Paul in okc and really want someone who can dish it (I like even more when guys can score after getting dished to).

2 Likes

A sauce told me yesterday that the Wheeler commitment is expected “within about 72 hours.” So maybe today but most likely by Monday.

6 Likes

Same source that said OSU is very much in the hunt?

4 Likes