Schedule Preview: A Closer Look at Oklahoma State's 2023 Nonconference Slate

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/schedule-preview-a-closer-look-at-oklahoma-states-2023-nonconference-slate/

The Cowboys’ noncon will provide an opportunity for new pieces to gel.

I don’t know why, but I feel like that South Alabama game has let down written all over it. A home game against an average to below average G5 team. Central Michigan 2016 anyone?

4 Likes

I could see us going 2-1 in non conference.

We riot if it is anything less than 3-0.

3 Likes

The problem is we don’t have any clue how good the team might be. We have a third team QB from Texas Tech / Michigan that hasn’t taken significant snaps in almost four years. New players that aren’t accustomed to the P5 level of competition. Add on top of that losing our best two defenders with a new DC that’s never coached at the D1 level. Then, of course, you’ll have Dunn and Dickey doing Dunn and Dickey things.

2 Likes

That CMU team had 6 future NFL guys on it, including Cooper Rush and this team won 10 games last year so it does have some sneaking similarities. Having pretty much all their top skill positions back and Carter Bradley under center means they should be dangerous again and capable of 10 wins this year as well. Side note that CMU team was only 6 and 7 but did have Cooper Rush, however this S Bama team is probably more talented given the recruiting area. Maybe reminds me of Troy in the late 2000’s and how they kicked our a** in Troy.

3 Likes

Love your optimism joy :joy: That third string QB was Tech’s starter until injuries. He may do well , he has the capacity to. Still stuck on that Gundy Schtick
Our running backs should be better that last year. Receiving should be just as good
Defense should be better

4 Likes

Just wants to hate

1 Like

How you feeling on the o line ? Any update on dalton ? Idk what even happened to him ?

The only thing I can say is that moving away from zone blocking to man on man may improve us as players can just get after somebody and put them on the ground. I hope we improve here.

3 Likes

OL has been a mystery for 4 years with all the injuries. Everyone stays healthy we will be better. How much better, who knows… @robert28 keeps up with that better than me , he will know. . Cooper should be healthy by August. I think that’s why the one left. I think what he had wasn’t serious, they held him out for precautions

He’s good at that :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I hope they get some mean in them. Some nasty , the true freshman Endean they say is and already running with the twos

1 Like

Had like bone spur. Should be fine now.
I was upset hunter didnt come back. But he is married.
The other kid just shows why we have lost so many guys. Good enough to start at other places.

Alot of good stuff have been talked about by various people. We have 7 guys with alot of time played. Add in austin.
Main thing is stay healthy and get some play time yo some of the other kids.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s any barrier to the experience.

2 Likes

No where else to comment about Cowboy golf, so I’ll do it here…

The Season of Mediocrity continues. Cowboy golf, winners of six straight regional titles, failed to qualify for the NCAA national championship – finishing the season with the golfing equivalent of a 7-6 record.

Teams like San Francisco and East Tennessee State outplayed our Golf School.

Time to re-load!

5 Likes

I wonder how Mike Holder is enjoying his retirement ?

2 Likes

Last time this happened Holder fired the coach ? Don’t know Weiberg demeanor but they say the incoming class is loaded ? When the f*** did uo get ahead of us in golf :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Which is exactly why I’m being cautiously optimistic. I never said the guy wasn’t any good. Just worried about how his performance might be. Also, doesn’t matter how good our running backs will be if we present another absent offensive line. You and your partner in stupidity seem to forget about that.

You kill me jiy :joy: just stop, don’t type anymore stupid chit. Your “what ifs” are just that, stupid :roll_eyes:

1 Like