Schedule Preview: OSU Opens Big 12 Play against Rebounding Iowa State

Duggan actually was going to be QB2, lost the job to Chandler Morris, but Morris got hurt. That kid has some wheels, faster than Duggan: https://thespun.com/college-football/tcu-quarterback-is-transferring-following-national-championship

What about Warren in 2021? Was he not better than who was previously starting that season? I’m just saying the possibility of a missed evaluation on a player has happened before at OSU. Not just once, but multiple times. That’s cool though man. You’re entitled to your own opinion. To each their own.

I never said I wanted him to. In fact, I believe I said you don’t know unless you try. Those are two different things. My reference to wanting a player to be able to run past defenders doesn’t automatically assume that I think little P would’ve been the best option for that position. However, my opinion may change some depending on what I see him doing at Tulsa this season. Then again, at Tulsa the far less paid coaching staff is able to develop and produce lineman that can actually get drafted. So that also helps the running back a bit.

Ld was a good back then got hurt ld and Warren and ld would be close. None show much until the line got healed after 3 games.

1 Like

Lil P has had a year and a half to mature also. I have no idea what he will do at Tulsa Lesser competition too. I really don’t care what he does
Tulsa has linemen that stay the full 4 years. We get kids that think they should start day one, then hit the portal soph year when they don’t

1 Like

Morris doesn’t have near the moxie that Duggan had. Plus they won’t have Johnson this year.
JP will have to fight for playing time there. He didn’t better his self going there

1 Like

Even if the line wasn’t great and LD Brown was decent it didn’t show against Missouri State at all. Considering they were averaging just barely 2 yards per rush against Missouri State it would’ve been beneficial to at least toss Warren in and see what happens.

Lesser competition? That might be so, but let’s be honest with ourselves here. Do you or anyone else lose here not praise the G5 transfers we get coming in? Why do you guys assume they’ll be an asset to this program, and anyone that leaves this program wouldn’t be a great asset anywhere else?

As far as the lineman are concerned. Even before the portal we still weren’t getting guys drafted. Two lineman in 10 years tells the story a little bit. I could blame the transfer portal I guess, but at the end of the day I’m looking at my offensive line coach and OC because I’m sick of not being able to find a way to push the ball forward a little bit without my QB having to do both the work on the ground and in the air consistently.

They stacked the line. The play 8 or 9 guys.
Look you can go on and on about the line.
Health is an issue but the bigger problem is retention. Every couple of years we lose 4 or 5 years. You can blame gundy or dickey for this all you want. The real reason is other schools have major issue with the line. Our linemen know they can play at other school

Mills was a backup here, he went and was one of tech best. We got starters all over. And its like that for other players. This goes against your idea gundy cant development.
We out rushed isu. Its understandable that we didnt rush well they are a top 15 defense. They ruch for 35 yards.

These are the things about you i try and point out. You just see results. Another is you cant replace linemen with freshman. Yes their are freshman that start texas played a few. They were 5 stars men.
We may have a couple this year that could play. Look at sanders he came in early weights 300 come in and can lift anything. Most of our young guy need to add 20 or 40 lbs. Then they are ready to leave lol

1 Like

Lol well we had a top 15 transfer class 4 4 stars 3 that were as high as you can get as 3 star.
Do ratings matter or not.
Alot of people have said its a good group of transfers

1 Like

All of it matters. Recruiting, development, retention, X’s and O’s, having depth but staying healthy so you don’t have to rely on it so much…having a coaching staff willing to put in the work required to build not just a consistent winner, but a consistent championship-contender. It takes all that stuff and more to win at the highest levels. That increases profit and donor trust which helps NIL.

And a program can do everything right, but here comes the transfer portal to affect things for good or bad. Or here comes the NCAA. It’s always something. Oh well…I’m done rambling.

Just adding my 2 cents for conversation @robert28.

1 Like

Lol. You could be a guru in shangri-la.
Gundy is now the long win streak in big 12 second national.
Lets look who has multiple titles in big 12. Snyder coached for 27. Was rehired to get his second.
Briles ran a whire house.
The you have 3 coach for blue blood. Yes your 2 cents wont even buy bubble gum.

1 Like

So ask the question of why they’re leaving. Not all of it can be due to NIL. We’ve had lineman transfer to programs that currently don’t hold the same prestige ours does. Why is that? We had a projected starter for the OL this year leave for BYU. For what reason would he do that? You stated retention is a big problem and I totally agree. The bigger problem is nobody seems to be addressing the core issues of retention, or at least I’ve not heard anyone from the staff elaborate that there’s a plan in place to retain / mitigate losses across the offensive line. One would think that would be the top priority considering it’s been the most consistent problem over the last decade.

If Chris Klieman gets his second conference title within the next 14 years (assuming he stays at K State) he’ll have more conference titles than Gundy in the same amount of time as a HC in the same school.

I guess you do need to go to football school.
Ok im fine to teach you. The kid your taking about was not projected as the starter. Cooper took his spot
The spot that he started at for 13 games last year. Byu is kinda well know football team. These kids want to play not set as backups.

1 Like

If. Is the biggest word in the world. If you wont be stupid i wont have to explain things all the time

1 Like

I should rephrase that. He’ll most likely get his second in the next 14 years. Also, you haven’t explained anything. You’ve given only general assumptions when it comes to the offensive line. The core question of retention and mitigation is still lingering in the program.

Lol. I didnt give a general reason. I went straight to the point and told your dumb ess what retenion about.

Its sad that you need to keep writing

Joy you are referring to Entinne (sp) like @robert28 said he knew he has been beaten out by Cooper. When he got here he couldn’t block a cheerleader, redshirted and they worked with him to be serviceable. Started last year, had the poorest stats of any lineman Not sure but think he had two years left. He wasn’t man enough to fight for a job. Past lines have had no mean in them. It’s supposed to be different this year
You talk about the G5’s we got they all had proven they can play. Greene is listed second team At Wisconsin, and they don’t throw the ball much. If he was so good he should be running with the ones. We got two good receivers in the portal for D1 schools, a good running back form MST. I’m excited to see what the big nose guy does , in spring it was taking 2-3 to keep him out of the backfield. It’s not all doom and gloom, but I’m sure you will be wiping tears

2 Likes

Harper is the starting nickle at nd so he will only play 3rd downs lol

1 Like