Search for Knowles' Replacement

Yes fall in with the free bananas. I may be wrong I haven’t looked this guy up. Did he go to school at liberty. Other then that I can’t see why coaching at liberty is a deal. Actor get paid all the time to play parts their not. Prime mate was lumping this guy in without wanting proof he is or isn’t. That he did say.

2 Likes

Jimmy Lake…

My only hesitation is looking at the guy he promoted to DC when he got the HC job. It’s the guy Sark brought into Texas this year. Was not good. So, I don’t know if you want the same philosophy & scheme. I don’t know though…

And, you know, the allegations of physically abusing player. The reason he got fired.

Did not know that… Definitely do not want him!

Is that actually why he got fired? I thought it was cause he sucked as coach but if that’s the actual reason then we don’t want him.

1 Like

This was after he was suspended for a game for putting hands on a kid on the sideline of a game this year

1 Like

I don’t think it’s why he was fired but he definitely hit a player.

Then that’s a yikes from me

Wish List that will most likely not happen…

Doug Belk - DC fro Houston

2 Likes

What about Manny Diaz? Wasn’t he pretty good as Miami’s coordinator?

1 Like

We also have to worry about Knowles taking players. If he is beloved as we are told.
We need to keep these players.
Super seniors would cost scholarships if they transfer.

I like to bring in patterson. His defenses went down because he was spending more on offense.
Bring in a young coach would that go over well with are older coaches.

1 Like

I personally do not know or understand what all the hoop la is about Manny Diaz. I don’t think he has ever been super good dating back to his days at Texas. To me he is just a big name that has has had a little success, but never doing more that success he had early as a DC. I don’t know though…

1 Like

Another couple guys that we would have to pay more starting out that we could possibly get…

Randy Bates - Pitt
Pat Narduzzi (HC) calls the defense, but has been his right hand man for a long time. Pitt always has a strong defense.

Jay Bateman - North Carolina
He came from Army. He has always had great statistical defenses. This year was not a good year for North Carolina all around. But Mack Brown’s first year was they were really good, and he was a mastermind at Army.

2 Likes

Another Under the Radar type guy that Gundy likes to go after…

Chad Staggs - Coastal Carolina

2 Likes

What are the defensive categories Gundy says he cares about? @BLTSandwich looking at PPD (the best way to compare defenses), only one of these guys is good. also, Arnett hasn’t been DC for SDSU for a couple years

Symons - Liberty was 33rd in defensive PPD
Kaufman - Kent State was 120th in defensive PPD
Esposito - Western Michigan was 82nd in defensive PPD
Armstrong - Southern Miss was 51st in defensive PPD
Arnett - Miss State was 61st in defensive PPD
Eachus - no clue

I looked at 3rd down Defense, Sacks, TFLs, Turnovers, etc. Honestly, didn’t dive too deep. Went off the NCAA stats. Didn’t have a PPD category.

I feel like Gundy doesn’t care about stuff like Total Points, Comp. %, Total Yards, etc.

which is why PPD is the best metric because it encompasses overall how the defense performed. For instance, okstate didn’t have many turnovers this year but their PPD was 3rd best in the country.

No doubt!

Gary will be here soon . It’s what bill Snyder would’ve done .

3 Likes

Some people think his name is bad@ss. That’s his only qualifier.