Search for Knowles' Replacement

Not sure offense is his forte either. Does anyone remember the offense before Holgorsen?

Dana was here one year. He gave us nothing. Gundy gave him an offense and players to go win.
I swear u guys and ur one hit wonders. We won before and after.

2 Likes

You’re wrong again.

Just stop the ignorance Jug… so Fedora got a head coaching job became wasn’t worth a schit :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Holgerson’s Offense completely transformed OSU.

We kept that system through Monken. You can go back & watch that documentary that was about our QBs. You can read articles from then too. Gundy has talked about it multiple times. We brought in Monken & taught him the system. He obviously put his own flair on it. Same with Yurchich. Over time the Yurchich system morphed into it’s own thing.

OSU’s offensive efficiency ranks per FEI before Monken got to town:

2007 (the oldest FEI goes back) - 8th
2008 - 6th
2009 - 65th

We all know what happened in 2009 with the NCAA and injuries. Gundy’s offense wasn’t broken before Holgy came to town. It just looked different and they played at a different tempo.

2 Likes

In fact, OSU’s 2010 offense under Holgy was 16th most efficient. So from per play/per drive metrics, it was actually a step back from Gundy’s offenses.

2 Likes

I believe Gundy said one of the reasons why he brought in Holgorsen was because he needed a more pass oriented attack for Weeden. Gundy’s offense with Z Rob incorporate a lot of the QB run game.

3 Likes

So going from a running qb to a passing qb didn’t make diddle squat.
Dana hasn’t reproduced his offense much of any.
Gundy was not a dual threat so him going to a pass happy offense is natural.
There are a ton of u guys on here that r simply result based. We had the players to do it.
I will blame r offense problems on dunn and gundy for the fact they had to God awful classes. Guys like andersen and Moore. Then with the virus cause 2 lineman to be idiots and the injuries.
Everybody is going on about Knowles, the real coaching has been done by the offense. Dunn is 19 and 5.
Go look at those wonderful oc and what their doing. Not any have the numbers they had at osu.

1 Like

An average good life of a DC Alabama pays their
DC …. 1.5 million
Georgia…. 1.8 million
Michigan…… 1 million
Cincinnati…… 600 thousand
So we offered Knowles about the max he was worth. I think he was trying max out his results from this season. Good for him cause this is about as high as he will go

JUG you never answered my question ???

1 Like

I had read on the other board that Moore would never qualify for us or any D-1 school. He was dead sure, willing to bet, all kinds of crazy chit he wouldn’t qualify. Guess he knew more than most :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

These are the lil things that jug can’t understand. Joey keeps going on about 6 and 6. What he wants us to do spend money like Texas so we can go 5 and 7.
Neither of those yahoos have got the memo were going to a big boys bowl and r 12th win.

1 Like

You have to have just a little intelligence to understand that Ohio State has 250 million budget compared to our 100 million. Just a tiny bit of intelligence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Houston looking to pay Delk BIG! So, that probably removes him from OSU’s short list…

Chasing one year wonders is not good any way.
Was he the only factor to they defense improvement.

1 Like

I think it has been a steady climb… probably similar to the Knowles tenure here at OSU. He is a Saban Disciple… and has a pretty good pedigree.

I have no idea about the guy.
I do know Knowles CLIMB is not just his coaching.what would the defense have been like with just the 2 lb gone. We will see next year. Of course when the defense slumps it will be because we lost Knowles.

1 Like

It is comical how little you think of Knowles. Every opportunity there is to discredit him you take. Guess what Roberto? If it was just the players and not him he wouldn’t have gotten the job he did.

Alabama fans hate their DC and he’s got a roster full of 5 stars. He hasn’t been that impressive given the level of talent he has at his disposal.

It’s even funnier ur not getting my point.
But, I know how u look at coaches. U were one of ther big fans to pay boynton what ever to get him.
Which boynton can still pan out. But he has got to revamp this team.
Boynton looked really good with just one player.
Not only did Knowles have super seniors but this had to be the worst qbs in the league.

1 Like