SEC Votes 14-0 to Extend Invites to Oklahoma, Texas

The reason I stopped at 14 was because I didn’t really see anyone else moving the needle that much so no point in splitting revenue 16 ways but if 16 teams means more money then absolutely.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, because I obviously don’t know either. I will say the “not even close” is questionable. The “competitive across the board” to me is similar in each conference. Let’s just take football though. OSU could win the PAC 12 much easier than the Big 10. By far. So tell my why you think the Big 10 is a much better option? Again, I’m not saying i disagree

Simple the money. The big 10 is the highest payed rite now. So we pull an ou and go for money.

It depends on if conference r going to pod play or two division. In pod play any thing can happen depending on match.up that year.
It would still be easier in the pac 12. But, how a conf. Divides the pod and who u have to play out of the pods can make an easy road to success.

Yes that is a likely option although we have a good chance of becoming a G5 conference and not a P5. Of course then it will a G6 conference and the P5 will be the P4 Conference. Also I’ve heard rumors that the PAC 12 and Big 10 have soured on CFP expansion and now want to keep it at 4 teams. Don’t know if they can do that or not. The theory is that if the CFP stays at 4 teams then the SEC super conference will just end up beating each other up over just 1 or 2 CFP spots every year vs them getting 5-6 spots if CFP expansion were to happen. If the CFP is held to just 4 teams and we end up being a G6 conference then our chances of ever getting into the CFP fall pretty close to zero, much less our chances of ever winning the CFP.

I’m not real interested in your thoughts, Dexter.

Thats funny. U were harassing me for it the other day. Now u know ur an idiot and the sec will tear down uo as ur date did on prom nite.

I have a question. Will u be on this site till 2025?
Like uo will be in the big12

We would definitely have a much better chance of winning the pac 12 over the big 10. My problem with the pac 12 is before this week the pac 12 was worse off than we were and I just don’t know how stable they are. The big 10 is much more stable and you would make more money. Just depends what is more valuable to you.

Nobody knows how safe they are if espn is going around talking to school to join the sec.

If USC ever gets back to where they should consistently be the pac 12 will be fine, idk why they’ve had so much hell being relevant again

Ok… yes, Oklahoma State and EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE CONFERENCE benefits if they (OU/TX) leave early.

1. The early exit fees paid by OU and Texas are split evenly among the remaining teams. (I could be really really wrong and will admit it if so.)

2. The conference title race would become wide-open. More money for the two teams not named OU or Texas who make it to Arlington for the conference championship game. Winner of said game automatically gets a higher Bowl payout.

That yahoo goon fan thinks that ou is get out early with hardly paying
The 2 have to play this year.
I’m all fine If they pay in full. Personal I would be looking for more money plus money from espn. Some one needs to pay for this.
So stay or go. But get all the money and more.

Yes, now I’m not 100% sure but it seems that we want OU/UT to leave early. That way we get the pay out for them breaking the contract plus there is some other money that will be held from them for the time they are not in the league up when the contract expires in 2025.

1 Like

If they stay though the tv deal keeps paying 35 million per team if they leave I believe that drops to 9 million as soon as their out. So you could either take a lump some of 20 million one year and then get 9 million the remaining years on the contract, or they stay and you don’t get an extra 20 million one year but you keep getting 35 every year. If I’m understanding all of this correctly.

If that were true them having them stay is better financially. Thanks for the info.

What did u do to tomatoeslice the goon fan he has been on here all day?