SEC Votes 14-0 to Extend Invites to Oklahoma, Texas

Ok, OU will still be playing football. In a Conf. In state. In their stadium. So will OSU. How is that going to be fewer jobs?!?!

U keep forget we do not benefit by them leaving earlier. When u understand that u will understand why they will either pay more or stay till 25.
No one likes ou and Texas do u think they will get any breaks or deals

Ok. Iā€™ll save this one too. Youā€™ve yet to get one of these predictions right. But maybe this one will come to fruition. You say theyā€™ll pay the full exit penalties. I do not.

Need they not teach u anything at ou.
Anytime u have lose of revenue jobs are lost. Just in the football department we have 200 people. We lose half are money.
Here I go trying to explain job lose to a ou grad.

ā€œNeed they not teach u anything at ou.
Anytime u have lose of revenue jobs are lost. Just in the football department we have 200 people. We lose half are money.
Here I go trying to explain job lose to a ou gradā€

Ok. After I decode this jibberish, Iā€™ll Google it up. In the meantime, you should Google up Dexter Manley. I feel like heā€™d post your thoughts in the exact way you just did.

I have not made any predictions until I tried to explain job loses.
I said they should vote against it. I have already talked about this prom queen.

Itā€™s LOSSES. :man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4:

For me I donā€™t care who is right and who is wrong on the buyout numbers, itā€™s pointless. There is a threat and real possibility that college football and college sports for the school that I love is going to be decimated in the coming years. What I want to see is for OSU to fight to the bitter end to avoid that. That is all that matters to me.

2 Likes

There are guys on here that help me on my grammar when I get them in a jam.
I see ur in a jam. Donā€™t worry prom gueen

LOL somehow I think your grammar maybe the ultimate troll to some of the posters here LOL

I was never great at English. Itā€™s been 25 years since I cared or had to rite a paper. I really not care how I rite.
Itā€™s no different then a lot of guys here dnt care about what they rite.

Nice prom queen is giggling. To bad u donā€™t understand what lose of revenue can do.
Weā€™re talking about losing in the neighborhood of 40 or 50 million. Weā€™re we just buying air with that money.

If OSU gets into either the PAC, Big 10 or ACCā€¦ā€¦theyā€™ll be fine. They just cannot go to the AAC or stay in the Big 12. That will really, really hurt them.

I really wish the SEC would add OSU & Va Tech. I actually think that the next 4-8 months youā€™re gonna see OSU & Tech in the PAC 12. Kansas & KState are the really, really interesting ones to me. They actually have a state law that requires each school stay in the same Conf. That really, really hamstrings KU. If they didnā€™t have KState weighing them down, theyā€™d be in the Big 10. Iowa St I think goes Big 10. West Vir ACC. TCU & Baylor are in real, real trouble.

Again dude, I donā€™t know what those ā€œwordsā€ youā€™ve attempted to put together even mean.

Okā€¦ā€¦that was a very, very good point. Made me lololol. Well done sir.

It will be nice when we go to the pac 12. We go to the playoffs and ou is sitting at home.
Prom queen all dressed :dress:up and nowhere to go.

Itā€™s the Big 10 and it isnā€™t close.

Weā€™d be competitive across the board in athletics. Could let bedlam die.

The only way we get in is a tremendous promise/follow through of an influx of financial support on the academic side which would be great for OSU and for the state.

I dnt know how old u r. But, definitely fine with uo behavior now and over the years.
Iā€™m glad u taught ur players well. I know Brian boswothless said the same thing. " dude itā€™s not personal itā€™s business. Lol

So taking this conversation in a different direction, latest news Iā€™ve been hearing is that the other conferences donā€™t want to expand, if we operate under the assumption that this is true I think the only option for the remaining 8 schools is to stick together. Currently they are still viewed as a power 5 conference, now once OU and UT leave the media rights will drop to around 9 MIL per team, if my numbers are correct I think the current AAC members receive a payout around 9 million per team. My thought is why not take the remaining 8 teams add BYU, Houston, SMU, Cincinnati, UCF, and Memphis. That takes you to 14 teams that should be fairly competitive in all sports, you donā€™t have the top end fire power but nobody really sucks either. Then In 2025 when you have to renegotiate a new tv deal no youā€™re not going to get the 35 million weā€™re getting now but maybe you can get that number to around 20 million per team which Is a lot better than 9 and if you prove your competitive maybe you can hold onto being a power 5 conference, you maybe viewed as the weakest power 5 but if they expand the play off maybe you can guarantee that your conference champion has a guaranteed spot in. In my opinion if nobody else expands this would be the best option. I would like to get everyone elseā€™s feedback on this and you can shoot holes in it or maybe you have a different idea, but would like to see what everyone else thinks.

Mite as well go to 16.
The acc has 37 million till 2036 so I dnt see it. I have heard a league like that will draw 20 million
Somebody will get nervous and start asking teams to move, if to protect themselves but to increase their own revenue to compete with the sec. If they dnt then the all should kick their blue bloods out now.