South Carolina, Boynton's Alma Mater, Has Coaching Vacancy

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/south-carolina-boyntons-alma-mater-has-coaching-vacancy/

Boynton’s buyout could make it difficult for programs to try to poach him.

1 Like

Boynton leaving for SC never crossed my mind. I don’t think he has accomplished enough to be highly sought after. I want to see what he can accomplish when he has a few shooters on his team. It takes more than Fran Fraschilla always hyping Boynton.
Players playing musical chairs with the portal, and now we go round and round with coaches being fired.
Everything is changing so fast.

2 Likes

Don’t think he leaves for South Carolina. I would be bummed if it happened but if we get the buyout we will be alright.

4 Likes

If we get the buy out maybe we can give it to gundy to buy an offensive line because he sure can’t recruit one.

2 Likes

Good comment. Very relevant. Glad to have your contribution.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know why anyone would want Boynton. He has not had any big success other than recruiting the #1 player. I wouldn’t mind if they took him, see if Weiberg can make a better hire.

2 Likes

Not only would I not mind, I would welcome it. If Weiberg was smart, he would work with Carolina on the buyout if they are dumb enough to be interested in Boynton. I doubt they are, but I can dream.

1 Like

Still not convinced he can handle the x and o of coaching in this league

4 Likes

Boynton hasn’t had much of a chance since he’s been here and won’t for years to come with the reduced scholarships. Keep him around for the bargain and keep dumping money in the cash cow. Maybe one day I will buy a carton of milk without seeing our offensive line on the back of it!

3 Likes

What do you mean he hasn’t had much of a chance? this was the only year something out of his control happened. He had the number one player in the country last season and lost to the mighty 12th seeded Oregon state beavers.

Who you going to get to replace Boynton? And will it be an easy sell with having to tell him that o by the way they reduced your scholarships by 3 for the next 3 years and can only take so many recruiting trips the next 3 years bla bla bla. Keep him if you can is all I’m saying and if not bring dam Doug home!

1 Like

Covid?

1 Like

Everyone faced that. Not something that only happened at Oklahoma states basketball program

1 Like

He’s had ncaa pending allegations on the program for 5 years looming over him.

1 Like

But yea your right just one year lol

Exactly pending* that doesn’t mean you get a pass every single year.

Had anything happened with the pending allegations before this year? Why did Avery Anderson regress this year? He tested the nba waters last year so do you think he had nothing to play for just because they couldn’t play in the postseason?

• Got stuck with no NBA talent in 2017-2018 and still won 21 games

• Had to suspend four players from the team in 2018-2019. Losing much needed depth. To the point they had tryouts.

• 2019-2020 half his team was freshman and sophomores. The best players he had that season were McGriff (3 star) and Lindy Waters ( 3 star). Neither one was a top 25 player at their position

• 2020-2021 Boynton wins 21 games while playing 16 ranked opponents (53% of his schedule). Wins our first tournament game since 2009 and plays in the conference tournament finals.

• 2021-2022 Boynton gets the news of the postseason ban. Oh, and btw, also gets reductions in scholarships. Brought in Cisse (who’s proving he getting better) and just beat out some top schools for the Bixby kid.

• Side Note: he’s also 7-5 in Bedlam while Ford went 6-13.

Yeah!!! Let’s just ignore all that!!!

2 Likes

All of this is called being a coach moron, he knew what he was getting when he took the job, it still doesn’t excuse an offense that makes my kids 4th grade team look good. Please quit bringing up Ford nobody wanted him either. Side note though, ou was going to the tournament about every year and made a final four when Ford was here.

OU is a better program than OSU in football and basketball. Welcome to the real world.

1 Like